Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stowing jack cradle in VE ute

Wongsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 SS-Z Ute Manual
I took the jack out for the first time today and I swear it took me almost an hour to put the bloody thing back in. The compartment opening was extremely tight and I really had to be careful not the scratch or damage the interior trim. And trying to get the stud to line up with the hole in the cradle fully did my head in.

What am I doing wrong and is there a knack or trick to get the cradle back in the compartment easily?

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Mate I've been trying to get that bloody thing back in there for a year, it just sits on the floor behind the seat now lol.
If you figure out the "nack" for it please let me know.
Cheers

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
its easy to put back in just push it in and thast it the bolt slides into the whole on the jack how ever i like to put the left side in first then the right

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Tie some string to the bolt and thread it through the hole. It will guide it in for you. Ran into the same problem just yesterday and that was my fix.

Wongsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 SS-Z Ute Manual
Tie some string to the bolt and thread it through the hole. It will guide it in for you. Ran into the same problem just yesterday and that was my fix.

Excellent idea. You're a champ!

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
its easy to put back in just push it in and thast it the bolt slides into the whole on the jack how ever i like to put the left side in first then the right

hahahha, it's not easy when you are a big bloke and the seats forward and you can't squeeze in.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
At least you guys get a jack... For Redline owners & Maloo owners, we get no jack, wheel brace & the ability to even hold a spare rim is gone!

We get a compressor which fills the tyre with goo... Took it out to check it out & was tricky to get back in place, but nothing like what you guys have described.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Maloo owners do get a jack, brace and spare! :)

DamienMinnettONeil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE commodore
7 and a half years late but I found the case was getting caught on the interior slit that the cover folds into, so I had the bottom of the case go in first over the slit, then pushed down the top plastic flap of the case to fit it under the ceiling of the compartment, if that’s done right, you should be able to push it in pretty easily to have that bolt poke through. Hope this helps.