Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Straight pipe

sexcvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
:unsure: Just quike question bout a straight through pipe

if i cut the muffler off and put a straight pipe were it was would it sound pure crap? ive got stock zost an stuff. sept i knocked the stuff inside my cat out.
i realy wana no if i can use a street sign pole as the pipeing. Also bigger the pipein better the sound?

ive got nice 4 inch stop sign one an 2.5 giveway pole witch should i use IF they are useable.

there not stolen poles o_O i got em from Vic roads.
im geting sexy zost system soon so i wana have some fun with my street poles while i can :D ideas anyone?

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Got some 6" bore casing if your worried about backpressure.

sexcvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
wats bore casing? i never heard of that b4

is that like the chicken wire in the pipe trick?
were i get it from :confused:

shazz308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
if i cut the muffler off and put a straight pipe were it was would it sound pure crap?

I got this done a few weeks ago for $50. When the car is running it just makes a gurdling sound, I wish I could say somewhat like a V8 but unfortunately not quite tough enough. The sound disappears after a couple thousand rpm and it isnt noticeable at 40Km/h+ unless youve got all your windows down. Ive found that my dodgy and corroded cat-back makes more of a sound when giving it a thrashing.
The person who carried out the work mentioned that it was illegal in NSW not to have a rear muffler attached so if your in that area heads up and get that checked out.
Feel free to correct me on anything if im wrong.

sexcvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
hey shaz wat pipeing did they use for urs?

i realy wana no if i can use like street sign post or flag pole metal :)

just bit scared it might like heat up an warp an bend or something

shazz308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
They supplied and fitted a 2" pipe and bent it to shape then welded the tip on the end. Im pretty sure its the same as the standard piping already used in the system and even thinner than that of a street sign post. I dont think that pole has any chance of warping but dont take my word for it. The only problem you would have is fitting it, unless youve got a welder, some sort of hoist, skills and serious spare time I dont think its worth the effort of attempting it. PM if you want a picture.

bush_basha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
Sexcvn you do realise that it's illegal to not have the inside's of a cat?? its a pretty hefty fine aswell like $10000 (so im told anyway)

sexcvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
yeh but wat are the ods of someone finding out?

cracker

Reaction score
pretty good if some one goes over ur car who has half a clue

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
sexcvn said:
yeh but wat are the ods of someone finding out?

well 88 people across australia now know :rofl: and i imagine alot more will look. why dont you just save up and get a real exaust system??? i think using a frikken street sign pole is abit O T T dont you think?

(posted by mikevxss)