Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strange camber issue

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Not meaning to hijack thread, but for the cradle to crack, do you just have to have a really low irs car or are there other contributors?

Thanks.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Not meaning to hijack thread, but for the cradle to crack, do you just have to have a really low irs car or are there other contributors?

Thanks.

Being lowered isn't really a factor. Sock heigh cars still break them. Its more common in Manuals or auto w/shift kitted cars, but not 'never' in stock autos.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Ah i see.
Have to investigate, i have bad camber and am raising my car to rectify it, but it is manual.

Cheers mate.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah i see.
Have to investigate, i have bad camber and am raising my car to rectify it, but it is manual.

Cheers mate.

If its the same on both wheels, its not a snapped cradle. If its just one wheel, it will be the cradle.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I had a whiteline sway bar on the front of my VN, it caused a lot of negative camber.

Dan

A sway bar can not change the camber angle. Something else caused your camber issue.

Stocky, one of the adjusters may have moved, not uncommon.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
hi i have a vs statesman and the rear looks exactly like the silver car. what needs to be replaced and how much will it cost to fix. i cant do any repairs so it will all have to be done by a mechanic. cheers for any info

It is definitely a snapped cradle. Some wreckers will try to charge you upwards of $800 just for the bare cradle (no diff etc) but you could find them as cheap as 300 (or less if you find someone on here wrecking one)

Not sure how much a mechanic would charge, but it shouldn't be more than a few hundred.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Well I got some photos. Doesn't seem as bad, but i did swap from SSSL to SSL, however I still think that the right wheel is a bit off to the left wheel, likes its sticking out a bit more?

Is there any easy way to tell if maybe my arms are a bit bent?
P1000626.jpg

P1000625.jpg

P1000621.jpg

P1000620.jpg

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Camber looks the same to me.

Not sure how the IRS setup is, since mine is basically stock, but on my live axle you can adjust the diff side to side, looks like thats all you need to do (move it to the left, which would mean moving the body to the right, since the adjustment is opposite)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I probably have no problem, I just noticed some inner tyre wear on the drivers side tyre only. I think this might have been caused by me losing 3 out of 4 of the diff support bolts, causing the diff to sit crooked on one side. Thats been fixed up though

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I found this on the top of my IRS cradle. Think its time for a new one
P1000643.jpg

P1000646.jpg

Also, can anyone tell me what that gear looking thing is beside the bush for my arm?
P1000647.jpg