Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strange Code Issue.. well a Ghost codes. saying showing codes on dash light but scan shows clear.

SV607

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE SV6 & Holden EH Premier
hi members
i have a 07 VE SV6.
have a strange issue
am using Trident I400 Scanner with Holden software on it. which is a good scanner. should be able to just about any of the codes issues .
when i check car its shows no MIL present or even on. yet on dash and when i start car its saying check engine and its lit. .
the scanner when i tell it clear all codes it does... and no check engine light is on..
i turn car off.. and start it.. no codes no check engine...
now i start car again. up comes check engine and its lit.. i check with scanner... shows no codes present.. Strange one...
car has a Varta E44 Battery.... its charging at 14.4
current voltage is 12.5v
Alternator is charging fine.. no issues..
have disconnected battery to see if it sorts it.. still same..
car is running perfectly and i mean no a single mechanical issue runs and drives perfectly
nothing on dash like no abs.. no stability nothing on dash. all fine .
its smooth and starts up perfectly. and idles like glass..
everything in car is fine.. besides the check engine light.
Timing chains have been done about 2 yrs back..
friend said its like ghost codes.. car is sending fake codes.. causing it to trip the engine light. but when u scan it there is nothing to see.. as they are not really genuine.. could be any tiny thing doing it.. maybe see if u can fine a Tech 2 .i do have a very good friend who is going to use his Tech 2 and know a lot on the VE commodore.. but still away on holidays. just thought would put out some thoughts on does anyone have had same issue.
hope members can help or advice.. strange one. had the car s brand new 2007 right off dealer all this time car is perfect in all.. just this one

am in Melbourne South East Suburbs if anyone has a Tech 2 that can scan it.. would be appreciated
Thanks in Advance

Update
from my mechanic's Snap On scanner

POO31 RHF H02S (Bank 1 Sensor 1) Heater (Voltage Low)
-----------------------------------------------------
P0051- LHF HO2S (Bank 2 Sensor 1) Heater (Voltage Low)
---------------------------------------------------------
P2009- Intake Manafold Runner Control Solenoid Signal (Voltage Low)
---------------------------------------------------------
P0458- Canister Purge (EVAP) Solenoid Control Signal (Voltage Low)
-----------------------------------------------------
P2088 RH Bank 1 Intake Camshaft Position Control Solenoid Signal ( Voltage Low)

P2092 LH (Bank 2) Intake Camshaft Position Control Solenoid Signal (Voltage Low)

P2094 LH (Bank 2) Exhaust Camshaft Position Control Solenoid Signal (Voltage Low)

P2090 RH (Bank 1) Exhaust Camshaft Position Control Solenoid Signal (Voltage Low)

Last edited:

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
it will be the scan tool, not reporting correctly
there are not ghost codes
another member who has filled location as melbourne, may as well write planet earth
there are many members here with tech 2 who would scan it for you
but no-one will volunteer if they dont know where you are
sorry for being cranky, waiting on my coffee

SV607

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE SV6 & Holden EH Premier
it will be the scan tool, not reporting correctly
there are not ghost codes
another member who has filled location as melbourne, may as well write planet earth
there are many members here with tech 2 who would scan it for you
but no-one will volunteer if they dont know where you are
sorry for being cranky, waiting on my coffee
thanks am in melbourne South East suburbs

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I don’t have a lot of experience using the Vident i400, and I have really only used it once seriously on a VF. I found that I had to do something like a ‘scan all modules’ before it showed which module was reporting the set MIL code. Once I found which module was reporting the error, I could check that module and see the error code in question.

I’m not sure if it’ll be the same for the VE? And I’m recalling this from memory with pretty limited experience with the i400.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Also, I seem to recall that the car had to be in ‘ignition on’ rather than ‘accessory’ mode to power up all the modules before all the codes could be read. Again, I’m not sure if this is the same with VE.

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
Looking at all the voltage low codes, i would suspect damged wiring.
Best advices would be to go on acdelcotds and get some wiring diagrams, check if those componants share a power or ground circuit and work backwards from there. Being the fault happened when cornering and then after being moved around a bit stopped occuring it could be a break in a wire, probably need it to fail again to test correctly. Just an idea