Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strip on side of car

Cal.oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Pathfinder
Hey guys,

you know that fuggin ugly strip down the side of cars, is it just glued on?? or is it clipped on?? thinking of taking it off, cause it looks so damn crap.

Cheers

digitok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
Pretty sure they're just glued on.. but underneath isn't just flat it's like an indent in the panel if you know what i mean.. but cleaned up they don't look too bad..

But my thoughts are to get the VX type ones, they're color coded and they aren't as big, look much nicer.

Cheers

3125187.jpg

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
My VX isn't colour coded.. My car's black, but the strip certainly isn't a two pack Phantom Mica colour..

mistermeena

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0
i heard you just use a heat gun and peel it of really carefully..ive thought about it but they do stop you from denting your doors

Cal.oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Pathfinder
I think i will take the risk of denting the doors, they are way to ugly for my liking

digitok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
shounak said:
My VX isn't colour coded.. My car's black, but the strip certainly isn't a two pack Phantom Mica colour..
Well I dunno but my old man's acclaim is, as is the one in that pic I posted. You should get them painted then :)

Cal.oz: go the VX strips mate the look tops :p

S

sparkles_vp

They are urethaned on... I removed mine of my vx when i changed the colour....

Best thing is get a windscreen blade/knife (windscreen guys us them to cut the urethane round a cars screens)

Get a start and gently put pressure on pulling it outwards, not much or you will buckle the door skins... Just enough so you can easy cut and not touch your paint..

Then you need whats called a caramel wheel, can get them from any panel/paint supplier (bout $20).. Put it in a drill and go along over the glue left on the door, work it slowly but dont stay in the same place forever so you dont heat up the paint.. It wont hurt the paint at all if you keep moving, safe for all newer paints...

Then when its all off polish ur doors...

easy job from start to finish takes under a hour.. Just make sure no one has painted your doors before and masked off or painted round your moulds cause as soon as there off you will have a dirty big paint edge or a colour difference.

Cheers Brendan