Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stroker kit for tired engine ?

Jaso74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore Ute 5.0
IMO the 4761 is much better suited to your plans than the 4503.

you’ll want a stall converter and diff gears for either however.

2.5” single will be a restriction on a 355 with any cam.
I sort of knew the exhaust was going to be an issue but figure that is easy to fix after engine build and refit, also the ute isn't registered so another jump to hurdle probably before exhaust etc .

I really haven't thought about diff ratio yet at all, I've seen plenty mention it and now makes me wonder what would be suitable and cost involved there. I would do work myself once again so just parts needed.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I really haven't thought about diff ratio yet at all, I've seen plenty mention it and now makes me wonder what would be suitable and cost involved there. I would do work myself once again so just parts needed.
My general rule of thumb is 3.7 for a good all rounder, 3.9 if rarely used on the highway.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I didn't mention it earlier but I have gone with comp cam beehive valve springs. The ones I have are good for .6 lift and 7,000 rpm. I contacted them after reading a comprehensive article in the Hot Rod magazine. Get in contact with them with your engine specifications and they will put you on the right track. I will correct it if I find the article but I believe they have valve springs for up th 3/4" lift and 10,000 rpm

Regarding exhausts I have tri y extractors and a single 3" exhaust. I haven't caught up with him for a while but one of the members from Toowoomba has a vh ss 304 injected motor with a single 3.5" exhaust.