Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strut Boots/Bump Stops. Polytuff. Has anyone used them? I have issues.....help...

lil_oneblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Sandman Ute, HZ GTS, VT Senator
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Front-Str...item5d39ba9454

Has anyone used them? They are clearly nothing like the originals. Don't come with any instructions on how these fit compared to orginals.....

Obviously the bump stop has to go up the top. Then the boot zip ties to the bump stop? But then the boot hits the strut spring top plate under full compression. Which allows the boot to rub and WILL wear through quickly. Other issue is there is no way you can get the nut to hold the strut top bearing etc on and to compress the spring. Even tried it without the spring or the strut boot. Only the bump stop. And still doesn't fit.

I have tried to ring the seller and there is no answer. But crap considering I need the car going Monday morning!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Link doesn't work. And Goodluck getting anywhere to answer on a sunday.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Front-Str...item5d39ba9454

Has anyone used them? They are clearly nothing like the originals. Don't come with any instructions on how these fit compared to orginals.....

Obviously the bump stop has to go up the top. Then the boot zip ties to the bump stop? But then the boot hits the strut spring top plate under full compression. Which allows the boot to rub and WILL wear through quickly. Other issue is there is no way you can get the nut to hold the strut top bearing etc on and to compress the spring. Even tried it without the spring or the strut boot. Only the bump stop. And still doesn't fit.

I have tried to ring the seller and there is no answer. But crap considering I need the car going Monday morning!

If im not too late,Check the pıcs,you can even do'em up on the car.

Attachments

• Pic_08 Sunday, August 25, 2013 22.35.jpg
    Pic_08 Sunday, August 25, 2013 22.35.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 574
  • Pic_08 Sunday, August 25, 2013 22.36.jpg
    Pic_08 Sunday, August 25, 2013 22.36.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 717