Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stuck

Anglosaxon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2
hey anyone seen a series 2 gen 3 VT SS just die suddenly and loose all electrics? it just cut out dead as i went round a corner the dash is dead cant wind up the windows etc it's like it has no battery, checked all fuses and relays all look fine. could it be ecu? its been retuned 300kw maffless and been trouble free for 18 months, any ideas much appreciated

Anglosaxon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2
yeah but im pretty sure the battery is fine, id only been driving it 10 minutes when this happened it cranked fine when i started, if the alternator had died i would have got a light on the dash and then as the battery was drained running the ignition system it would have started coughing and missing, this was abrupt.

Anglosaxon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2
its Just way too hot a day here in Perth today to have something like this happen

Anglosaxon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2
yep, now either your psychic or you have seen other ebay tuned ecu's do this too?

Anglosaxon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2
if it is the ecu i still have the stock one, although im not sure i still have the stock induction hose to put the airflow sensor back

jeepyrocks

Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW 535D, VR V6 Ute
Unlikely the ECU would kill electrics like the windows as it doesn't control these items. I would start with your battery connections - clean and tight, ensure the battery has enough grunt (you say it tries to start?), then fuses/relays, then connections to ECU and BCM.

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
yep, now either your psychic or you have seen other ebay tuned ecu's do this too?
i guessed it was ebay, as your car only has an exhaust and you said it was a 300kw tune, which it isnt by the way, so presumed ebay tune as they all quote 300kw which isnt true for only an exhaust

Anglosaxon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2
yeah but i knew at the time it wouldn't be 300 but i had a spare ecu thought it was worth a try just to see, i fitted pacemaker 4 into 1's and changed the induction as well, it has a lot more than it did, i dunno i maybe getting 270. gettin 0 right now but.