Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stuck

Anglosaxon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2
yeah im about to go try sort it now, no it doesn't do anything its got no electrics whatsoever, but it was fine when i started 10 minutes beforehand, then it just cut out as i was driving,,

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
Got a multimeter. I know you've said you checked fuses. But the big "main" fuse under bonnet. Check if there is voltage at it

Anglosaxon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2
had some fun with it last night, i just disconnected a battery terminal reconnected it and it all came back to life as normal. so went for a spin and washed it was about to.head home it died again, started it and it died again, every time i put my foot down i could hear a horrible clunk underneath then it would die. So, i thought id look at the trans fluid, and i find there isn't any in the transmission...

Anglosaxon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2
blown seal or broken oil line and lost all the fluid, then must be a sensor shutting the bcu/ecu down? i grabbed a litre of fluid from the garage and tipped the lot in fired it up and cruised home didn't miss a beat, but fluid pissin out.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
somethin suss mate... you can nuke your tranny altogether but it won't mess with your electrics at all. I would verify your battery terminals are not corroded and are tight... especially the earth.

Anglosaxon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2
its weird as soon as i put trans fluid in its all ok, except its not cos trans fluid is just pouring out when the motors running. i can't be bothered jacking it up and crawling underneath today im over it im going to the pub. Does anyone know though, if you disconnect a battery terminal with motor running does the engine die?

muzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
probaly just a trans fluid line with a split in it there pretty high pressure