Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid car salesman experiences

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I had never driven a Ford falcon in my life, only ever Commodores from VK to VE so i wnet down to a local used car dealer with a mate and pretended to want to buy an EB 6cyl. He had no idea we were just in it for a joy ride so we took it out for most likley the hardest test drive of its life. I now know why Commodore is number 1.
That certainly shows the low level of common sense and lack of respect for someone elses property you must have. I bet you are also one of those idiots who bangs their car door on another car and drives off.

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
I think what's more worse than a car salesman is the hot chick they bring in to explain to you the 'additional options' you can add to your vehicles.
When I bought my girlfriend's AH Astra from Berwick Kia, they pulled out this leggy blonde in her daughter's top and the tightest skirt to explain to me about the Parrot Bluetooth kit, 16" Alloys, Parking Sensors and Darkest Legal Tint.
Financially, I did the right thing, and said no to all of them (they were all like 50% more expensive than if I bought them elsewhere), but other than that, I wonder what could have been......

lol yeah the holden dealership in mackay did that exact same thing to me when i brought my lancer and i'm proud to say i am not strong willed and brought everything she threw at me :smoking:

Uber_Flacky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 ltr Ute
My mate has an easy way of telling them to go away, he just say nah just looking, we don't have any money :)

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
every car yard tries to sell me a car by saying its got six stacker crusie and 15" mags loud exhaust air con power button (which makes it go faster ) apparently and has low km for its age 1998 - 280,000 km yea thats so low any way when you say yours has all that pluse more they dont know what to say

when i tried to trade my 96 hiundai excel with 16" chromies sports exhast 98,000 km < thats low 4 door manuel hard to find one all they offer is 500 of the price of a vt and still expect me to pay 6,000 for a series 1 exec 98 300,000 km stock as a rock

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Old boss of mine went looking for a 5.0 vt clubsport dark blue in colour he happened to find the one he wantehd oneday he wandered into berwick holden in his weekend clothes ripped jeans and t shirt , he walked over to the car for a closer and the salesman at first ignored him then about 10 mins later he was asked to leave by the salesman no reason given , with that my boss drove to booran holden in dandy and checked out there lot straight away he was spoken to by one of the better salesman there and started doing a deal for the said vehicle 3 days later his new car turned up at work . that night my boss drove to berwick holden in his work clothes and drove in where the car could be seen clearly from the new car showroom he walked into the show room and the salesman that had asked him to leave approached him and asked if he could help him with anything boss replied yes mate i need to buy some HSV mats for my new dark blue clubsport just like the one i was looking at on saturday here before you asked me to leave , the salesman jaw dropped and he turned and walked off from my boss . what a wally of a salesman ....

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Old boss of mine went looking for a 5.0 vt clubsport dark blue in colour he happened to find the one he wantehd oneday he wandered into berwick holden in his weekend clothes ripped jeans and t shirt , he walked over to the car for a closer and the salesman at first ignored him then about 10 mins later he was asked to leave by the salesman no reason given , with that my boss drove to booran holden in dandy and checked out there lot straight away he was spoken to by one of the better salesman there and started doing a deal for the said vehicle 3 days later his new car turned up at work . that night my boss drove to berwick holden in his work clothes and drove in where the car could be seen clearly from the new car showroom he walked into the show room and the salesman that had asked him to leave approached him and asked if he could help him with anything boss replied yes mate i need to buy some HSV mats for my new dark blue clubsport just like the one i was looking at on saturday here before you asked me to leave , the salesman jaw dropped and he turned and walked off from my boss . what a wally of a salesman ....

Hhahahaha that would be Barry Bourke ey? Always been a bunch of pr*ks there. Judging by your location, you'd be an Endeavour Hills man ey?

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
Currently looking for a new car and have so far been to 7 dealers for quotes. Only been given one real quote out of all of them.
All the other places have taken my details but have heard no response for over 2 weeks.

really makes you wonder if they really want to sell a car!

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
yeah it was spazy bourke , and yep in endeavour hills

vsutespack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Maual 5 Speed Ute
Me and the Mrs was looking at a New VE Clubby and the Sales man at Holden Liverpool said you know you can get it in any colour. OHH Der... its a new car...
I will never buy a car from a yard they are Full of Sh$%%^T...

davenmarcia

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz acclaim
when i was looking for a car the saleman asked what i was after etc and i said commodore 2005 and up so he shows me a 2006 ve asks if i am concious of klms so i say yeah low k's saleman goes yep this isn't to bad has 187000k's. thats where i laughed and walked away .

dave