Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid car - seat reclined and stuck there!!!PLS Help

Alspos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 Sedan
I have a VY II Calais, and I decided to recline the electric seat all the way back to have a snooze. Now....I can't get it to return upright again. The seat moves for about 5 seconds then stops in the same spot, like it's hit a limit switch or something (the wheel thingy under the plastic cover on the side of the seat turns about 3 times then stops). It will recline back down and up to the same spot each time. Forward, reverse, up and down all work as they should.

I have removed the BCM fuse, no difference. I've punched the seat, no difference, Swore at it, same result. I've checked the two motors underneath but figure as all those movements are still ok, there's no issue with them. Can anybody shed some light on how to at least get this pos thing back into the upright position manually perhaps?

Thank you

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Mine did similar after I had it in a workshop, the mechanic was way bigger than me and the seat was almost all the way back.
I could barely reach the peddles and seat was doing the same as yours.
Can't remember what I didas I was doing lots of different things as I just wanted to drive home, but eventually I got it to move.
Try resetting the memory buttons on the side, maybe take the seat all the way back and down and start again.
Good luck

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
As you're moving the switch in the upright position, push the seat with your hand manually. This will help the motor move the seat.

I had this problem a few times and found removing the fuse for a minute or so would reset it all, and with a bit of pushing to help, the seat would work like normal.

Alspos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 Sedan
Update on this. Well, it works as it should. I got the map pocket off (and broke the two clips holding it on of course - $10 for new ones from Holden) unplugged the motor, fiddled with the wiring, extended the seat to full forward and as high as it goes, reclined the seat all the way down again, whacked the seat, tried to pull it up, grunted a bit, put it back up again and for some unknown reason it didn't stop at the spot it was previously stopping at. YEAH! I have no idea why though. I am putting this one down to being one of the mysteries of the universe *shrugs*

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
That good news and how you got it to work is similar to my situation so that when it did finally work I couldn't remember exactly what I had done to make it work.

Jabbamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Hey I’ve got the same problem with my car but nothing really seems to be working any other suggestions?