Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stupid electric windows

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Just want to have a whinge about electric windows...:ranting:

Was cruising along and put the passenger window down. got to half way then just stopped...

Pulled the doorskin off to see what the problem was to find that the nylon/plastic guides which the regulator arms clip into to move the window up and down had split and that the window had dropped down causing the arms to scratch and rip some of the tint..

What annoys me the most is that I want to sell the car verry soon and the parts that busted was $2.50 ea !! Now I have to re-tint the bloody window...:bang:

sorry guys whinge over

matt2950

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VN CALAIS 5.0
Dont stress bud.. mechanical windows in commodores do it just as much, not just electric

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
Just be luck that it was only a $2.5 part. My other car is a Golf which are known to break the regulator clips. You need to buy a complete new regulator that costs $220!
Thats my gripe about power windows!

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Yeah, I figured normal windows would have equal problems..I had a prick of a week and that was the final straw... it is more the torn tint that annoys me....