Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid handbrake button!!

bazinga

Gasfed304
Reaction score
Members Ride
5L Vn Calais
handbrake button wont pop back out i have tried wiggling it and all that any one know how to fix it??

DavoVP

Reaction score
Pry it out with a small screw driver dude. Get ready to catch the spring aswell :D

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Or smash it with a closed fist on the handbrake. Works for me.

bazinga

Gasfed304
Reaction score
Members Ride
5L Vn Calais
i have tried smashing it and that worked for abit but now it just wont budge if i do get it out should i lube it up or something to stop it from doing it again?

purrVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 Executive
the problem is if you pry it out the button is more than likely gonna pop off with the spring and all and eont go back on in a lot of cases, just go to the wreckers and by a second hand lever assembly

FrangaVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina Wagon
the problem is if you pry it out the button is more than likely gonna pop off with the spring and all and eont go back on in a lot of cases, just go to the wreckers and by a second hand lever assembly

I beg to differ. I had the exact same problem on my VP, the button expands over time so it just keeps getting tighter and tighter until it wont move at all. I just pryed the button out with a screwdriver and then filed down the parts of the button that would go inside the handbrake assembly, then I just put some grease on the button slotted it back in and its been fine ever since and that was nearly 2 years ago. Only took me about 20 minutes of careful filing and a bit of trial and error.

Lost_Pete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
As mentioned above.

Just pull the button off the handbrake and replace with a new one from Holden (quite cheap).

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
As mentioned above.

Just pull the button off the handbrake and replace with a new one from Holden (quite cheap).

not so simple.. im afraid these are completely obsolete from holden

Lost_Pete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
I just bought one late last year...............I guess I should have bought a few spares.

VNCommyBeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS VN, VR Berlina
problem with mine is that it DOESN'T stay in the hand brake, bloody pops out every week