Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid question - bumper fits in boot?

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Guys guess what (and thanks for all your suggestions, they're all good despite the critisms about the idea lol).

As it turns out, the two plastic screw things which clip straight down to hold the parcel shelf to the body from the top (visible in the cabin) are also the positions of anchorage point number 2 and 3. I figured Holden building an Australian family car wouldn't put just one in the middle. So we either get these little plastic things holding the shelf down, or remove them and there's still a bolt holding it down. Might go wreckers and grab two more just for the sake of completeness (and knowing the shelf is bolted down real good).

I took a photo so you'd know what I was on about (and for reference for people wondering the same thing in the future) - it's the thing which is in the middle of the photo holding the shelf down which just pulls up with a bit of force.

So I can still take the family now by folding down the middle seat and having the bumper facing downwards (covered in a sheet or something probably dirty).

Again many thanks all :D

Attachments

• 07122008290.jpg
    07122008290.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 167

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
why not just remove the old bumper before you leave and when you pick it up the new one just install it and drive back home with it on.

putting the bumper on just invovles 5-8 mins of sliding it on the plastic rails, plastic plugs and few bolts.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
My VS only has the middle mounting point, if I could put it on one side that would be ideal but I think I'll leave them at home then lol

I asked because the rear spoiler fit in there no worries, figured maybe on an angle standing up it might just squeeze in there. Long drive there/back (all up probably 3 hours)

Factory standard they have 3 mounting points - unscrew the grey plastic cover from the 2 you think are not there then screw the mount in - takes about 10 to 15 seconds. :thumbsup: