Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sub & Amp off factory deck???

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Hey i still have half a shed full of stuff from my last build,wanted to see if anyone knows if its possible to run a pioneer 4 channel amp & sub off of the factory deck of a 98 vs2 stato??? See if it can be done before i pull it out.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
i dont think they had a line out on them. you will have to pull it out anyway to check if it has an output.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Don't think you'll see a line out as said, could always just run converters though.

Get those stocky splits crankin :p stock deck doesn't give enough power to run them... blah

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Dont think im going to worry bout messing round with the factory deck,it'l prob be easier to just whack in an aftermarket deck,any ideas on what to get?
il prob get something middle of the range

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
Yeah its probably a better idea to just get an aftermarket one. Anything around the $400 mark should be decent. I would recommend pioneer but thats just me, i have always liked pioneer head units. Most people would tell you to stay away from sony and i would have to agree. Your best bet would be to just go to a few shops and get some prices and see what tickles your fancy. good luck :thumbsup:

Joshua

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
Hey all
Yeah it can be done, Had it done in my vs caprice, Lost the roof speakers (like u even notice) to attach to an rca convertor, then run amp in its usual fashion, Alpine 4 channel, Rears speakers and sub were run by amp, System worked fine

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
neva neva neva neva neva neva buy SONY head units!! ugggh they do a job as guud as a $98 head deck from strahfield

if you want excellent sound and your on a budget..buy pioneer! PIONEER!..you wont even need an amp for your speakers! lol just the head unit

or

if ya classy and gotta the moola..buy ALPINE!..clarity and quality by far!

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
if ya cant wire up line out convertors then youll have no hope wiring up a full deck
yes it can be done easy

jrod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim Wagon
im just in the process of putting my old amp and sub in with the factory deck (vy), with the use of hi lo converters. I'm not quite sure where to connect the power control feature for the amp. I'm sure its simple but can anyone help? the deck in my last car had an output for this