Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sub between seats

bboystyles

chicks dig guys wit utes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP ute
hi ppls

i been thinkin bout this for a bit now, if i got a sub (in a box) and cut a hole in the metal bulkhead behind the seats (in a ute) and attach the sub on the inside and the box on the other side in the tray. (see pic below if u dont understand) but my question is wuld it sound as good as if i had it in the tray or under it?

Attachments

• sub box.bmp
    338.6 KB · Views: 481

| evaN |

mmm bass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
not too sure if it'll sound any better but it sounds a bit extreme to just fit subs into a ute.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
probably won't make a difference, my sub is in the boot behind a gas tank and it makes no difference, the low frequencies travel through stuff. i guess you could try having the sub in the car then put it outside and see if you can tell the difference

bboystyles

chicks dig guys wit utes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP ute
atm i have a sub under the tray nd its ok, but i want more. as everyone does. if i have the sub in the tray wuldnt it vibrate the **** out of my tools nd sound crap outside?

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Imho i dont think it would be due to the cutting of the steel there

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Nope, Shallow mounts subs are ok but nothing special. You would be better of with a 10" normal sub than a 12" slime line or shallow mount. If you want a 10" Sub that will play loud and low have a look at some of the DD 10" Subs.