Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sub box? And other VE S2 QUESTIONS

Blackened

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE SS
Basically im looking for a decent sub box for my ve s2 ss and just wondering what people recommend.

Came across this on ebay and liked the look of it. Ive got no clue about car audio stuff so this is all pretty new to me being my first car haha.

VE Holden HSV Commodore 12inch SUB Custom Boot Install 12" Subwoofer BOX | eBay

Any advice would be greatly appreciated also any subs someone recommends would be good I listen to a lot of metal, bassy trance.

Im gonna upgrade my front speakers but i have no clue what ill exactly need to set it up with the iq

Internet links would be appreciated.

Cheers

Razzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
You need a sub first before you match it with a box, not the other way around. Probably best to just get a sub with its original box as it's normally pretty close to perfect specs.

With the speakers you just shove them in but might not be exactly an upgrade unless you amplify them. To amp them you will need a Line Output Converter.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
We have a whole section full of products for you:

G. Car Audio & Security | SlickOnline - AutoSlick & HomeSlick

My suggestion would be to get one good sub as opposed to two lesser quality subs. The box defines the efficiency. A small sub in a high efficiency vented box will perform better than a large sub in a poorly designed box.

Would you like me to suggest a couple of easy options?

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
1 good quality sealed 10 would be better for your type of music...
Though that box at 2.5 cft in most cases, with cheaper subs is hardly big enough for 2 ported 12's.
Having said that, look for subs that require 1.25cft in a ported enclosure and they should sound like subs should as long as they are getting close to the wrms spec.

Go listen to different subs with your music and then decide what you want.

Ive never herd of, or used that box so my comments may not be valid.
But good quality doesnt come cheap.
If you can, go speak to the top pro audio Installers in your area. They will get you a well setup 'decent' system.
Expect to pay $3000 plus for a half decent, sound deadend, quality installed system..