Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sub Brands

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The built in amps are usually tiny and crap.

The 500wrms jaycar mono would be pretty decent. There's a very good chance you only need one sub. A large amount of what you get out of it comes down to your box.

Do you want to buy new or second hand?
My image dynamics id12 goes pretty well, and they're cheap. Havnt finished the ported box (I've been lazy) so its still in a generic sealed one.

The loudest sub I ever had was an old fusion power plant 12, in a 2.5cuft box running off 500wrms. I would stay away from the new reactor series though.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Thanks for the info guys, an it's not for a ute, the ute in my dp was my old car I've sold it, it's going to be for my hilux, I'm looking at spending no more then about 700 max, i was looking at new, i dont really like buying stuff second hand, cause i dont know how its been use, if i know how its been used i would buy it, the idea that juzzyx said sounds pretty good to me, ill just have to see where im at after rego an other stuff before i go buying my subs, was just curious about what brands were like

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
Yea with the sub brands I personally think you can't go wrong when you buy brand new Kicker subs. They are a really good brand. I use to have 2 kicker comps (150rms each SVC) and they went off!! But those soundstream SST 12/2's (300rms each DVC) are about 1.75 times louder then the kicker comps.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
A smarter upgrade for a ute would be to replace the front speakers and seal + deaden the doors.

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
did what MAG00 said in my mazda bravo and no joke it sounds like it has a sub, with the stock paper coned speakers and a different head unit, i will record a video for you if you like? its not WOW but it has alot of depth and u can actualy hear the lows, doesnt go overly loud but its perfect for a daily.

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
What did you end up doing whitesac?