Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sub wont play..

Maccasmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
5 Speed VX Spac
hi all,
i just spent my arvo installing my new kicker sub and amp pack into my vx.
i got a 4gauge amplifier cable kit that came with everything. speaker cable, power, ground, fuse, lugs etc from jaycar.
i hooked ran all my cables, hooked them all up. and switched her on and i got nothing.

the amp light is on, and if i flick the xover switch on the amp i hear the sub make a little sound. but im not getting anything from my HU. i plugged my RCA's into the SW output on my HU and then into the amp an everything, the remote cable is in, power + ground all hooked up, and then monster speaker cable that i use at work (im an electrician) from my amp to my sub.

anyway got any idea what could be up? this is all brand new equiptment by the way. purchased yesterday at JB.
cheers, Mac

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
What headunit is it? Some brands you will need to turn the sub channel on from in the menu somewhere.

What amp is it? Do you have the gain turned up at all?

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Haha, I've been known to spend hours pulling things apart, trying to figure out why things don't work only to find out they aren't turned on/plugged in etc after a big night