Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sucka- Damien 06 VZ Acclaim

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
ebay has them for cheap, and autobarn is like 300 a set of king springs

2004_VZ_Acclaim

Bonkers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim

jaffassv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
wicked thanks. haha johnno plates are familiar no? yes catching them in the act would be nice...

update on suspension....gonna go just lows not superlows, estimated 30mm drop, new kings springs and gonna roll my rear guards aswell cuz the offset of my wheels they are gonna hit the joiner of the fender and body on the inside of the arch. got quoted today

200 to roll and trim both guards

400 for springs

150 for labour and allignment

750 total. anyone have any input reckon its good deal or what? was thinking camber but apparently any kit under 9005 (camber alone) ull only get half a degree camber where 900+ is 1.5 camber so might give it a miss lol
in the meantime ill look around for some king springs lows on ebay etc see fi i can get em cheaper

Haha yeah good plates they are!

Yeah I'd try get those springs for a bit cheaper

Damien90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore
damn talked to the fella and its not 150 labour its 300 labour >< i knew the front were annoying to do but geez that hurt lol jeff u got ur rears done for 50bucks or soemthing didnt ya? so looks like
200 for rounding and cut guards
300 labour
250 springs ( but the ones they are using are pedders which or "supposively" crap, fella told me they are made in china from re-used steel and such where as kings are australia made with fresh new steel with no nickel in them or something( this is what guy said so :S) so the plan might be buy em off ebay and get him to install them and round my guards. have to get my guards done cuz the offset of the aftermarket tyres is much more then factory so they will keep hitting.

another thing the fella said to me jeff is that if i wanted to go lower then 30mm i have to get shortened shocks cuz with the independant rear axle the lowered springs will be punishing the other components attached to it/ working with it. apparently hes worked on alot of commodores come in with lowered springs and stock height shocks and the whole area is bent and buggered, and thats just sl's and ssl's etc.

borrttt

Gday
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina L67 2004
Yeah get shortened shocks! I recommend KYB excel G

Should look on ebay for springs i got a full set of new Lovells Superlow shocks for 160 brand new! And they give more than King in my opinion! Kings feel way too rough and comfort is ****.
I got my guards rolled at the wheel tyre place for free also when i bought wheels...so i dont know how they justify all these prices