Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suggestions on improving SSV ride to very rough roads

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
you still living here in cobar? i didnt think they roads were bad here at all, much better then alot of places. im yet to have a drama with the 20's im running on the caprice. logged 40000km since buying it 2.5 years ago. also had no drama on the vy with 19's that i had for 3 years. may have something to do with missus only drives to work n back and i do all the hiway driving

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
G'day Toey, Mate I just realised I havn't updated my account, I'm down in Mudgee these days working in the col. You're right ya know, never would have thought it but the roads around Cobar are much better than the ones around here! I drive out to Ulan every day and you would not believe the potholes on the sides of the roads!

I'm gonna go with SV6guys advice, i have a spare landcruiser chassis and running gear so might just mount the wagon body on that :)

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Buy a hilux and whack an LS in it ither than that get used to it or change your driving style. My r8 used to be my daily when I lived out that way. Never had a problem with. Just learned where to drive on the road without slamming it into potholes.
But If you really want to keep the ssv. Buy some 18"s with a bit bigger profile tire and it should help a bit.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
id say get an old crapper to run out to the mine and leave the wagon for days off. dont ruin the look of the car by fitting other smaller wheels, pontiac front on an ss wagon running anything less then 19's will be gayer then aids.

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
:rofl2: ....... but yeah i see your point