Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

suggestions on turbo setup

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I think that plate's just a support bracket, I don't think it blocks it. I'm unsure of a specific company for the top of the dump, maybe an exhaust shop can make one up for you, though I dunno how costly that'd be.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
U can turn the compressor housing to suit where u want it to face loosen off 7 or 8 bolts and slide it around.
Na injectors max out at 7psi So u will lean out.
The waste gate flap can still move freely as this is what the rear vband housing is suited.

un named

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
ok so one more question about the turbo how do i attach the dump pipe? it looks like 87rb's picture has studs instead of bolts

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 VL Turbo SL soon to be canary yellow bt1 mock
Mate depending on your car and what your going to use it for, for example my current setup turbo wise is all external low mount and waste gate and dump pipe is 3 inch turbo back, im running 3ta ecu ect with 7 brown top vlt injectors and aftermarket fuel press reg. Im changing my whole setup to near stock so i will be selling my current turbo which has done boost off upto 20+ pound : O dont let friends drive ey. Anyways im selling my turbo and dump pipes and cross over pipe and a low mount manifold soon if your interested.

Currently with the setup on 6psi i flogged a vy manual who was showing off to his buddies and he had a decent sounding exhaust and i had a car load and a blocked cat and my cross over pipe came out off the silicon join and barely hanged on. It seems to like 10-15psi easy only thing is the turbo has some shaft play. Message me via the message system on this site if your interested.

un named

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
na sorry im going internal waste gate and cross over pipe wont be needed since im getting a cooler but if you decide to sell seperate i might be intrested in the dump pipe if i dont have one by then. thanks

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
rb's is studded hence he uses nuts.

yours is a V'Band, so u have a matching piece for exhaust side and u get a v.band and tighten it over the 2 ends
if ur unsure on what we r talking about. google it. i prefer v'band so much easier and no stuck studs/nuts.

rb get one like mine or u can get a stock one..

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
god theres some dreamers on here lol

un named

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
thanks nasty. :upyours:

as you could probably tell detox i still have alot to learn lol so i will have to get a custom made dump pipe? only exhaust shop i know of around my area try to charge me $450 for a 2 1/2 inch cat back. how much was your custom made dump pipe?

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
not you un named.i was referring to post #14 and pissed myself laughing how people over exaggerate there cars