Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

suggestions to make my engine bay cleaner and neater

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hey guys just wondering for some help on how to modify and make my engine bay look cleaner and better looking. im not into the whole chrome or polished sort of thing as it requires being cleaned. buy i like a nice neat aswell as good looking engine bay

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
that how it is at the moment

Attachments

• 07012009103.jpg
    07012009103.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 1,292

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
1. get rid of that clear tube off the bov lol, otherwise id just say try to tidy up all your hoses and wiring. Would take time to get it real neat and tidy.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
as above - hoses and wiring.
if you cant hide them, make them neat and tidy but also try and make them appear more as back ground.
you really need to add something to the engine bay that attracts the eye immediatley when first looked at - this will move the focus away from the hoses and wiring.
at the moment, the first thing the eye is attracted to either the black intake cover or the blue silicon intake tube - neither of which are a highlight of the engine bay.

Put something on the black intake cover - a sticker, a word whatever maybe even make it another colour as thete is a lot of black in the engine bay.

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
new radiator overflow, and windsheild washer bottles ;)

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
i got to have a hose from the bov or else its to loud and its a plumb back bov. im thinking of putting that fake braided hose stuff and maybe putting the standard engine cover back on with some modifications to it and hide that clear hose under the fan shroud

ratzy

It's Sedan Time
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exec on senator 18's
i rekon the best way is to leave the original engine cover on but paint it...... i painted mine the same color blue as my car and am in the prosses of hiding wires and mayeb new over flow bottels and stuff if u want photo's just ask i can find some

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
yeah i know i wil have to paint my engine cover but becuase i have a reverse plenum ill have to cut both the sides off it to make it fit and look half alright. yeah send me pics on idea anything will help me out i think it just looks to messy at the moment.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
airbox, radiator fan shroud and all the other black plastic work, take it off and paint it black. always shinny, always nice.
relocate the battery and fusebox to the boot along with all the wiring. u can hide wiring in the quarter panels too if u wanna.

fake brained hose covers are for anal sex only, dont be lame :p

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
so u reckon painting it gloss black will make it all look good. nah i like the battery where it is as i got **** all room in the boot at the moment and fuse box in the gaurd i might consider it ill have a look 2morow and see if u dont have to cut any wires at all to do it. the only thing that will **** me off is having to change a fuse or a stuffed relay i will have to pull the gaurd lining off or even still ill have to jack it up as i cant even fit my fat head under the front bar