Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

suicide boot conversion on vs.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
so where do you buy the kits or who do you take the car to to get these mods done?

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
lol Stealthy, i have never known any1 to do a suicide boot like McBeth's Magna, thats y wen evry1 says suicide boot, i think flip boot... as long as we all know what we talking bout i spose
DVSV8, i didn't make my kit, my mate made it and put it all together, but if u follow the link in my post above, it lists what you need to get it done. most of it is just offcuts of steel u mite have lying around the house. it is more of DIY job, as only specialty car places could prob do it, or would bother... its not overly hard, the worst part is prob assembling it all before u put it on the car.
again, i can provide extra photos over the weekend if requested. mine isn't painted like Harvma20's and it is slightly easier to see what is what imo.
PM me with any other queries guys, or post em up and i'l try and help... just gotta add a subscription to this thread now lol ;)
CC

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
sweet as, not something im thinking about doing at the mo, just really interested in seeing how ppl are doin it out there.

whitevrboi

Just another white vr.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
hey dude when i did mine i used 50mm snap pins from supercheap in order to lock the lid to the boot arms, they are fairly strong and can not come out, i also put some arms/hinges on to hold the boot on the horizontal. Mines a lil messy and needs painting but you get the idea

DSC03330.jpg

DSC03331.jpg

DSC03332.jpg

DSC03333.jpg

vpete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman 5.0 litre
That is an excellent setup mate, the "R" clips are a quick and easy fix (you could also use clevis pins) and i like the idea of the levelling straps. A bit of a tidy up and a paint and it will look smicko!

Well done...............Pete! :bow:

whitevrboi

Just another white vr.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
Cheers mate, i was looking to fix it up this weekend but the weathers been a bit **** so far, maybe tomorrow

Jack