Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SUMERZ] VX S: 2JZ, Auto, Bagged & Fittment

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Riggggggggggght

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Benefit of a wider rim is being able to get more rubber on, you have negated that. Don't see the point.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
When the rim sticks out pass the tire it's a fail... The rims then self look good. But not with stretched tires.

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
Everyone has there own opinion and own taste, personally I love the stretched tire wide rim look all the jap cars, VIP cars and drift cars roll, clearly this is the look he's going for otherwise he wouldn't do it, just my 2 cents

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
Yep. I think the wheels look mad, and he's wrapped as much rubber as he can around those rims whilst still being able to have fitment. A small sacrifice I feel over an 8" tyre which would have been a bigger loss, no?

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
ducker, car wont be this low when racing, will definitely air up to a suitable height! and even when I will drive it normally, it will be at a legal height

I get that you're going for a certain look.

But you cant seriously think that just putting some air in the bags to raise the car is going to improve how well the car handles/takes off?

To me this car is just for show, if you ever wanted to get proper potential out of the 2J you would have coilovers in the rear with 8 or 9" rims, wrapped in some decent width rubber

Yep. I think the wheels look mad, and he's wrapped as much rubber as he can around those rims whilst still being able to have fitment. A small sacrifice I feel over an 8" tyre which would have been a bigger loss, no?

He could acheive the same fitment with 8" wide rims using a different offset. Just less dish.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
When's the front getting lowered?