Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SUMERZ] VX S: 2JZ, Auto, Bagged & Fittment

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
a) Im talking about how its going to suck when he does this so called racing (see below)

b) Im not talking about how comfortable the ride is, im talking about handling corners at speed and launching.
c) This car doesn't have springrate wound bags, nor has he talked about buying them.

So i dont think i need to "bother" reading anymore thanks. Becasue as stated, with the bags he has the car will handle like crap if he is to go "racing"

Do you know anything of the kit he runs? Or if he has the ability to pre-load a bag for launching?

Do you know if he will be changing his bags? Or what style he even has?

Don't assume to know everything, Especially when the car isn't even on the road yet.

Cheers
Mat

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Do you know anything of the kit he runs? Or if he has the ability to pre-load a bag for launching?

Do you know if he will be changing his bags? Or what style he even has?

Don't assume to know everything, Especially when the car isn't even on the road yet.

Cheers
Mat

He is running a TSS Bolt in Kit. Their website, nor Slam specialties, the maker of the bag, mention it being "springrate wound" bag.
That rules out your earlier point about it being able to handle better than a spring.

I dont care that its on the road or not, and i havnt read anything in the last few pages about him upgrading them before he does this "racing".

I have the right to my opinion based on the info ive been given so ill stick to it.

If you want to go "racing" Coilovers all round will have increased handling over a set of bolt in air bags.

Last edited:

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
If you want to go "racing" Coilovers all round will have increased handling over a set of bolt in air bags.

Obvi but whats the ratio of racing to street use.... I daresay itll be getting more street time so whats the point in going a hectic race setup when everyone knows on its guts gets the sluts?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
It's all moot for racing any way, best setup is neither bags or coilovers.
It will be mainly a street car, put what ever.

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
Don't get why everyone is sooking about his car, mentioning lap times? Just remember its a bagged commodore with an auto 2jz, not going to be some time attack car nor does he want it to be

summerZ

SMRBGD
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX II S
wow. car will see a strip once a month if even that. only to see how it runs down the strip, ill be happy with anything in the 10's.. will mainly be used on the street, cruiser..

this will never do circuit racing or hill runs..

and with the bags, I must say, I find them way more comfier to drive on that lowered springs, and as airstrike said, bags/coilovers aren't what u want for the strip... if you want a good set up for the strip, you would go 90/10's up front with possibly 50/50's in the rear.. if not. just go with springs

I think some_guy misunderstood my use of racing..

Jaba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Pack
You'll be happy with 10's?!

Its a stock 2J right? Or is there something you're not telling us?