Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Summernats 2013 world record burnout video

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
I completely disagree mate.. Common decency dictates that even if a chick walks past you completely starkers you can't do anything other then look..

Women are there because sex sells.. It's a fact.. Ever wondered why the girls signing you up to green peace and selling you foxtel in a shopping centre aren't fugly?

Just because they are dressed like skanks doesn't give any guy a right to lay a hand on them..

couldnt agree more, common decency would be great. but point proven that it doesnt exists here. why? because its 99% males, drunk, forcing girls that are wearing next to nothing, wear nothing.

its gotten to the point where its like hot girls or alcohol. pick one you cant have both.

as i dont see the point of paying X amount for a ticket just to get **** faced and not remember an awesome event id say get rid of alcohol.

CV60VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
seen some dirty ass yesterday who grabbed one of the Sidchrome girls breast and also tryed to grab another girls as they cruised past him whilst everyone was standing on the side of the roads spectating absolute scum man fair enough to look but DONT touch

Ziller

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 gtr
This year was my first time, I've heard all the stories before and refrained from going, this year my wife wanted to enter miss summernats so we went down with my inlaws and 5 month old daughter. We had lots of looks but not one show us ur tits or bad comment of any kind. Very noisy and not my kind of show but certainly not what I was expecting, it's more like a show / cruise than a traditional car show not sure if we will go again though but pretty tame all in all.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
It is interesting though how different the 2 sides are, having modification and/or preservation as being the 2 things you do to a car (I guess normal services and normal driving could ount as preservation)

I think age demographic comes down to it. Those involved in the classic scene tend to be older (most in my classic club are baby boomers). There isn't the focus on performance; its about memories, styling, kitsch, and the social side of things. The Concours d'elegance side of things have fastidious preparation by potentially high profile and financially wealthy people. Some cars in this scene could be insured for $1 million + and are never driven.

Rather than being loud and showy, classic car ownership is more about understated satisfaction. Indeed, many car clubs/owners do the whole classic plate thing and here the cars are generally not allowed to be modified. Some car shows I have been to are alcohol free to get families along; most people at NRMA motorfest are families. Indeed the carshow on Macquarie St in Sydney I shall be attending is put on by the Australia day council so needs to be respectable. On car club runs peoples partners usually come along. The club is cams affiliated and incorporated, so we need to abide by cams general rules.

Focusing on restoration and preservation as I do keeps the car hobby very practical and affordable. On the VX all I have bought for it besides service parts are two 'equipe' badges (first one got screwed up), some polish, and....um....an ipod holder?? No $3000 wheels or lowered suspension here...what is the point of spending $10k (that you won't get back) to get 600hp in a daily driver when you can only go 'maybe' 120-125 before being booked? Besides, if you keep a car mint and stock you will never get a defect :)

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
couldnt agree more, common decency would be great. but point proven that it doesnt exists here. why? because its 99% males, drunk, forcing girls that are wearing next to nothing, wear nothing.

its gotten to the point where its like hot girls or alcohol. pick one you cant have both.

as i dont see the point of paying X amount for a ticket just to get **** faced and not remember an awesome event id say get rid of alcohol.

People just need to learn to be civil and not a bunch of drunken bogans. I've been drunk many times in public and not once have I ever ripped off a girl's shirt like a savage animal because she was wearing a short skirt and a revealing shirt. They're just a bunch of dicks who think they're top **** and think they can do whatever they want, the only thing they should get is a punch in the face with a brick.

There's too much money in alcohol sales at events these days, even all ages music gigs have alcohol at them, sure it's in a seperate area but still.

Any way the moral of the story is people are penis heads

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Alcohol is defiantly a problem there. It's a good event but for some reason summernats brings out the deros as well as certain ethnic groups who are just a bad in showing respect towards other people's vehicles and towards the women.

I'm agree with Jecs. I wouldn't bring my car or girl there ever...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Alcohol ins't an excuse to do anything... I hope those bastards get the book thrown at em, same for the security that clearly didn't do their job.

Some people are starting to sound vaguely like the taliban or muslim extremists......

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
I completely disagree mate.. Common decency dictates that even if a chick walks past you completely starkers you can't do anything other then look..

Women are there because sex sells.. It's a fact.. Ever wondered why the girls signing you up to green peace and selling you foxtel in a shopping centre aren't fugly?

Just because they are dressed like skanks doesn't give any guy a right to lay a hand on them..

Don't assume that every bloke out there has the same morals.

fatboyvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 vr commodore
i think it comes down to a matter of time and place for acting like a slut. this is neither. not saying they deserved it but they should have been better protected or dressed sensibly

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Just got home from my first visit to the nats, and ye wow....

I had perceptions in my mind of what to expect, and had warned my misses of what she would likely hear. but in all honesty i expected the yelling/drunkness to be coming from the older yobos, but how wrong was i? Not one issue with an 'older' member, even when they were struggling to walk because they were that pissed.
its all a bunch of young immature handbag (opps i mean bumb-bag) wearing ####tards who cannot handle their vodka slushies.

i wasnt in tuff street when the incident happened with the sidchrome girls, read about it later, and i was ####en embarrassed and appalled to be walking around next to those sort of people. For me, I really started to see things turn sour on saturday night when the super cruise was cancelled and we got an absolute down poor! drunk and rowdy turned into violent and out of control, we were taking cover under a portable roof between tuff street and the arena, girls came running around the corner with no less then 30 drunks chasing them and hurling abuse, and apparently one got egged for not getting her tits out...

it is a great event (albeit for the crowd), but in reality, the vast majority are fine, lots of families, lots of REAL enthusiast, lots of young couples like me and my misses just there for the show, not the grog. if they can get rid of the ####heads it would be something i would attend every year, but as said i would never take my car, and probably would not take my misses again.