Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Summernats 35 (2023)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I entered RCN in 2022 and Summernats 2023 in the Senator - drag racing and motorkahana at RCN, and grass driving & go to whoa at Summernats.
The Senator is not for burnouts (well outside of the little drag warm up;))

I did a few skid comps in the VP, and decided I really do prefer drags, motorkhanas, hillclimbs, & go to whoa etc instead.

There is an art to a 'good' burnout, and driver control/pad use really makes the difference.
Some of those old burnout cars are kicking around, or many of them sitting around in sheds now as ornaments (or maybe thats just our shed :D )
by all means shred tyres, but if you are just hammering the limiter and doing doughnuts or statics, its boring. Need that driver skill and finesse to hit all points on the pad and mix up menouvres whilst keeping the smoke going. Its harder than people think.
You’re a mum, yeah?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I entered RCN in 2022 and Summernats 2023 in the Senator - drag racing and motorkahana at RCN, and grass driving & go to whoa at Summernats.
The Senator is not for burnouts (well outside of the little drag warm up;))

I did a few skid comps in the VP, and decided I really do prefer drags, motorkhanas, hillclimbs, & go to whoa etc instead.

There is an art to a 'good' burnout, and driver control/pad use really makes the difference.
Some of those old burnout cars are kicking around, or many of them sitting around in sheds now as ornaments (or maybe thats just our shed :D )
by all means shred tyres, but if you are just hammering the limiter and doing doughnuts or statics, its boring. Need that driver skill and finesse to hit all points on the pad and mix up menouvres whilst keeping the smoke going. Its harder than people think.

I know a few cars that have been around for a while and still going....There is a HB Torrie has been around for years and last I knew, the reason it isn't going is he went from a blue to a V6 to a Barra and is now going back to a red or blue.....The V6 thing didn't go to well, the Barra conversion turned to shite, so it's getting a blue or Red....Not 100% sure.

And yes, it does take skill to throw it round.....No doubt there....However there has been a comment from someone on here that there isn't any skill involved in it, which I disagree with and looks like you do to

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Because you would be the coolest mum.
My son told me when he was about 11 that I was embarrassing him because I knew more about cars than his friends dads.

He still thinks I was cooler when I had a E36 he is my JDM /Euro kid.

Daughter is the bogan child. Has 2 VS Berlinas. One as a daily one as a skidder, and called dibs on the VS SS project

Both of them did demo derby with me and even got the daughter in law in as well

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
My son told me when he was about 11 that I was embarrassing him because I knew more about cars than his friends dads.

He still thinks I was cooler when I had a E36 he is my JDM /Euro kid.

Daughter is the bogan child. Has 2 VS Berlinas. One as a daily one as a skidder, and called dibs on the VS SS project

Both of them did demo derby with me and even got the daughter in law in as well
Your kids are cool too. Well. Except that one time that Mr11 said you weren’t cool, because you were cool.
#CoolestMum

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Warms the heart to see kids having fun. Use burnouts as a gateway drug into the circuit stuff maybe, Already got most of the PPE :p

What a spectacle of an event however. Each to there own, glad they having fun.

The amount of $$$ some of these folks dump into their cars.. ah man, not even jelly.