Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Summernats Tuff Street

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
I've been watching video after video on youtube of summernats and can't get enough of it, it looks like a real good event that I will definitely be going to when I have a car worthy of it.
The only thing I want to know is, how does the cruise route or tuff street work, whatever it's called.
You always see videos of people standing along the cruise route amping people up to do burnouts and what not.
What I want to know is how does this work? Are competitors allowed to just drive around doing burnouts? In a few videos you see security guards put stickers on cars windshields that have done massive smokers. Is it like a three sticker warning or your out system? Just a bit confused as to how that section of the event works...
Sorry if this all sounds stupid or I have it all wrong, just new to summernats!

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
No static burnouts. There is speed limit on the cruise route i think is20km/h.

The amount of bogan/leb ####wits along tuff street it ####ed they get drunk abuse the **** out of everyone. Ive seen cars hit and had bottles smashed on them.

We went down tuff street once or twice and avoided it after that.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
No static burnouts. There is speed limit on the cruise route i think is20km/h.

The amount of bogan/leb ####wits along tuff street it ####ed they get drunk abuse the **** out of everyone. Ive seen cars hit and had bottles smashed on them.

We went down tuff street once or twice and avoided it after that.

Ahh, I see. So it's really just a cruise route for a bit of fun. So no massive stand still full throttle burnouts? Just a few little here and there but mostly for cruising.
Yeah, everytime I see a video on youtube it seems as if everyone runs out as soon as someone does a burnout and starts grabbing the car and pushing it etc.
Are the stickers I see on the videos a warning or something?

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
Ahh, I see. So it's really just a cruise route for a bit of fun. So no massive stand still full throttle burnouts? Just a few little here and there but mostly for cruising.
Yeah, everytime I see a video on youtube it seems as if everyone runs out as soon as someone does a burnout and starts grabbing the car and pushing it etc.
Are the stickers I see on the videos a warning or something?

Stickers are to show your entered security rip them off when they kick you out so you cant come back in.

Theres plenty of huge standstills especially later on saturday. Mob rule sorta tajes over

The rest of the cruise route is much more civil.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
Summernats is overrated. Trust me. I've been to 13 of them and it's still full of the same idiot bogans.
I hear this quite a lot, and it may well be right. I've just been watching it since I was a kid and have always wanted to go. I may hate it, I may love it, at least I can say I went to at least one!

Stickers are to show your entered security rip them off when they kick you out so you cant come back in.

Theres plenty of huge standstills especially later on saturday. Mob rule sorta tajes over

The rest of the cruise route is much more civil.
Ahhhh, it all makes sense now! I guess with that many bogans and lebs in one spot the crowd is sure to reach full control over the security haha!

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
I usually go every second or third year. Saturday arvos are wild and there are dick heads there but its a good weekend still

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
Ya havent done summernats unless youve dodged the ########s sat nighty lol. Try driving with e foot of engine blocking ya view and pissed minders in gutters with legs out that ya cant see as ya get closer!! Thats the turn onto tuff street near radio revhead. Half way down tuff street just after x roads tent a couple hiundred dudes will block road untill security guards says just do it lol! If u have a chick with you its even worse as they now wanna see tits or a monster skid and will chant titts or rubber one or the other lol!! Ya will finf every straight like this on sat ya better off doing one lap and parking in a maquee and closinhg it in for the night

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ya will finf every straight like this on sat ya better off doing one lap and parking in a maquee and closinhg it in for the night

... what now?

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
Still sounds like a fun weekend out spectator wise. Don't think I'd be taking my pride and joy if I were to build something in the future worthy of it....