Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sunroof fill

Discussion in 'VR - VS Holden Commodore (1993 - 1997)' started by ringfeder3, Jan 19, 2020.

1. ringfeder3

ringfeder3 Active Member

Members Ride:
    2017 colorado, 94 VR Calais, suzuki gsx1400
    I have a dealer-fitted sunroof in my calais. It doesn't leak and works well.

Problem is, i had to remove the head lining to get it working right and I can't get anyone to re trim it.

Furthermore, to facilitate the original installation, one of the centre roof spans was cut out.

As a result, the car creaks terribly when travelling through gutters etc and the sunroof cartridge rattles.

I have read about turret replacements and patching but wonder whether a black perspex panel could be installed?

I would have the span rewelded and a standard headliner reinstalled. I understand that the panel would be non-functional but would retain the sunroof assembly to go with the car if I ever sold it.

Is there a rubber seal that would hold the prespex in? Could it be successfully sealed?

I an interested in options.

2. ringfeder3

ringfeder3 Active Member

Members Ride:
    2017 colorado, 94 VR Calais, suzuki gsx1400
    I should have said I can't get the headlining done regionally. A sunroof installer in Sydney (500 km away) offered to do it for $700 taking 2 days. ..