Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sunroof for VE Ute

[QW-11-KE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
E CLUBSPORT R8
here in sydney a place in the shire somewhere does sunroofs for holden with those hollandia 700 model for sedan for 2gz on sedans and the 500 or the 300 not sure which for the utes.. for about 1300

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hollandia was the one I saw. It looked like a really nice unit. And if I remember rightly, they were what holden used in VT-VZ's.

That is correct, VT-VZ factory sunroofs are Hollandia's. And so far from what I've heard they are the only way to go. Good finish, quality product, etc.

Funnily enough, the factory sunroof I have on my 1989 BMW is a manual Webstro. :p. 21years old, no leaks, good wind seal and still works.

paulmac272

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Phantom Black Ute MY10 M6
Got my sunroof installed today. Love it. It was installed at home so I got to watch, needed a few beers while he was cutting the hole out.

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
Looks great mate enjoy it.

When I had my VR Clubby years and years ago I fitted a Hollandia sunroof in it. I loved the warm summer nights with the roof open.:cool:

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
thanks for posting pics!

I dunno about you, but I'd feel almost scared seeing my baby being cut open like that!
I still want one though ;).

racka

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SS-V
I couldn't quite tell from the pics...do you lose the sunglasses holder when the sunroof goes in? More asking for a sedan install rather than a ute, if it makes a difference. Anyone know?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I had a VE Clubby with a sunroof and the dial for operating the sunroof is where the sunglasses holder would be. So in short, yes.

paulmac272

Reaction score
Members Ride
Racka, Yea, sun glass holder is gone, the installer just cut it off. I'll try to get a decent photo of it and post it up. East Coast sunroofs did an excellent job on the install, couldn't be happier. It's great driving with it just tilted up or all the way open. The wind doesn't reverberate around the cabin like it does when you open a window.

paulmac272

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here's a few more photos without the sunglass holder.
IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

lumina01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SSV UTE
Any chance of getting some photos of your car mate? with the sunroof open in different stages from the outside? (side on, from behind, infront etc)
Also have a black ute but not sure on a sunroof yet, look too small to me on the utes.

Thanks