Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sunroof install in my vr

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Finally bit the bullet and got the sunroof that I bought installed in my vr installed by Eastcoast Sunroofs........ it came from a vs stato so its a hollandier 700.....cutting the hole had us worried as the paint adhesion was not as good as I thought but we went slow and careful and it all turned out great. Howard did a great job and I did the easy stuff like the drains and the wiring to keep cost down.
Havent done the rooflining yet ...Just wondered if anyone has any pictures of their roof lining with a sunroof...is it just a matter of cutting a hole out the size of the opening?

Last edited:

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Love your work Marko

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Very nice work, and with all the installs I have seen you cut a hole out the size of the opening, but have it a bit smaller (maybe .5 to 1cm smaller), then you run a rubber trim around it to neaten it up.

I haven't done one before, but I have taken some out of cars, so hope that helps.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
looks factory... nice job

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The guy who installed it said he has worked on lots of gm cars that had hollandier sunroofs and has even installed them for holden as a factory option on new cars so he has the experience to make the job as factory as you can get and even recognised this one that came from a greg norman special run of statos
Found a few pictures of a head lining from a fellow memberscar would love it to turn out like this

murcy01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Hi was wondering if anyone has had issues with their sunroofs leaking ? i want to install a sunroof in my vs but my dad told me not to because his used to leak . still wanting to do it though :D