Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sunroof Problem - Need Help ASAP

SUSS8

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 Holden Calais VR V8
Okay well I was driving today no problems sunroof open and what not. Went to go to the shops and unlocked my door and my sunroof just started opening and closing non stop. I tried locking the central locking and still kept doing it. I noticed that it was hitting the sliding door for the sunroof I pushed it back and it was fine. I came home and pushed the button to close the sunroof and it just won't close just keeps opening and closing back and forth. I had to wait for it to look closed and dead locked and it worked. The only thing different that I did was park it at a mates with all the windows open and Locked the car with the key and it was fine then.

I really need to work this out as I work night shift and the car is parked in the open.

Also, I Believe it's aftermarket sunroof only because it has a small sticker that says a blah blah sunroof.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Is the glass not hitting on anything??? I know with mine if there is any resistance or something blocks its path, it will stop, go backwards, and then try and close again. It'll keep doing this until whatever is stopping it is removed. Might have something to do with it?
Cheers,
Chris

ispeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV Senator Signature
Something in the tracks or track needs grease. Its probably a Hollandia sunroof theres a bit about them on the net. It will open fully then try again to close and keep going in a cycle till its closed.

SUSS8

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 Holden Calais VR V8
I had a look and still couldn't find anything obstructing it. I took it to custom sunroofs in Maidstone. Guy there had a look and said the sensor has crapped itself so it looks like needs a new sensor+loom+switch to match since they don't sell the parts separate for my model sunroofs anymore.

Thanks for the help guys.

Muss