Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sunvisor Clips

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Hello guys,

I had a sunroof fitted aftermarket when i bought the car (dealer sent it off to be fitted, car was built with no sunroof).

When i collected the car from the dealer i noticed that the drivers side sunvisor clip which holds it in and up when not in use was broken, i.e didnt hold the visor up steady.

I had to take it to the sunroof place who fitted it, who quickly replaced the clip, however they never retreived the broken clip from the roof frame, and now i have a very annoying rattle above my head when im driving...

Does anyone know how i can get to the frame where the clip could be? i dont beleive its on the carpeted lining because its a metallic rattle....

any info would be great!

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I'd take a guess that you'll have to take the hole roof lining out but first I'd be going to the dealer then the sunroof installer to compliant that the noise wasn't there before the install.

Ve clubby08

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE CLUBSPORT
How do the clips work?
My plastic bits have separated from the steel clips and they are floating in the roof cavity. I have no idea how these work and how the plastic bit fits to the steel clip?

prktkljokr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega, W204 Mercedes C180 coupe
If you look at the front of he clip from the windscreen side you will see that it has a plastic pin slid in from the front, I just used a jewellers screwdriver and flicked it out.
Be careful though as there is a spring and small plastic piece in the clip shell that are easy to lose

FATfatboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV M6 ute
If you look at the front of he clip from the windscreen side you will see that it has a plastic pin slid in from the front, I just used a jewellers screwdriver and flicked it out.
Be careful though as there is a spring and small plastic piece in the clip shell that are easy to lose

Sort of old thread, but worth a try. The little plastic pin you refer to has broken in my VE ute. do you know if they are available as a service item, or do I need to buy the whole clip assembly? I also had the problem of the metal roof mounted half of the clip floating around in the roof cavity, but I managed to snag it with a piece of wire and maneuver it to the hole and pull it out. Success!
Cheers, Mike