Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Super charger kits for 3.8 v6's

centrifugal6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS supercharged v6 Twin coming
anyhow back again dude. Powerup give us some quartermile times for comparison.

P

PoweruP

De Racer said:
PoweruP, have you found me them cheap engines you mentioned.
No, thought you wasn really interested. Ill ask around when i get a chance.

P

PoweruP

centrifugal6 said:
anyhow back again dude. Powerup give us some quartermile times for comparison.
Never had it at the drag strip, i prefer to drift or circuit race more. I know the power i make thou as i have my dyno charts. That web site may state that you can make that at the wheels but every engine is different and what it can make will change. Also they say they got that power figure from a VS Ute which would be manual, mine is auto and saps a fair bit more power than a manual and it still makes more power for a retail figure of $2000 less. Also whats with the bosch bov? they sound awful and are plastic it will eventualy melt with that sorta constant boost. And the coil relocation mount?? you just rebolt it to the inner rail near ur radiator with some spacers. They will run much cooler there also compared to having them at the back of the engine. There was also FIT rockers installed in that engine which can make a bit more power. Mine does not.
This kit is far from complete, not saying the crs 1 is but its a hella lot cheaper.

Upside is they have dropped there price slightly as a introductory offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PoweruP

De Racer said:
PoweruP

Is this the correct CRS kit price (see next line) or is there a new price of $1700??

What is the cost? $1950.00 plus freight
Ok found the reciept, deffinatly paid $1700 for the kit plus $65 for freight to QLD, hit em up find out why the price increase maybe they changed the kit???

B

blown95vs

hey all, im new here.

i paid $1950.00 plus freight for mine.

pretty stock at the moment, but when the cash comes in, the mods begin!

my mate adam has an auto vs, crs kit, standard pulley, pacemaker extractors and chiptorque chip - cost him 1950 + 600 + 600 to do it all, and he has 199hp at the rears or 147rwkw.

mine is a 5 speed vs, so i should probably get a bit better than him when i do the same mods, but now i am thinking about moving the throttle body. seems pretty straight forward.

ill get some pics up for you all soon.

tim

T

Tradewind

Blown95vs

How much boost is registered on his dyno chart. 199 at how much pressure?? I find the dyno boost measuring devices to be better than any gauge

B

blown95vs

the dyno chart said 199 at the wheels at 5.5psi. it is still running the standard pulley, but for some reason (unknown) it is boosting a bit harder than it should be. i will see if i can get the dyno sheet off him. it was 2 years ago now when it was dynoed, so the power levels would have dropped a bit i guess. still goes hard!

P

PoweruP

blown95vs said:
the dyno chart said 199 at the wheels at 5.5psi. it is still running the standard pulley, but for some reason (unknown) it is boosting a bit harder than it should be. i will see if i can get the dyno sheet off him. it was 2 years ago now when it was dynoed, so the power levels would have dropped a bit i guess. still goes hard!

Yeah, i have heard people say that these blowers give diff readings, my befor smaller pulley dyno rang up 175rwhp no chip and the boost reading was max of 3.3psi at 5300rpm on the dyno. Now its a different story thou :D

P

PoweruP

Hey De Racer, rang a few local wreckers today jus checking out the price for a VS Factory SCEcotec they say the going price is $4400. Source around and id be bettin you could get it cheaper. Il keep looking and see what i can come up with.

P

PoweruP

blown95vs said:
hey all, im new here.

i paid $1950.00 plus freight for mine.

pretty stock at the moment, but when the cash comes in, the mods begin!

my mate adam has an auto vs, crs kit, standard pulley, pacemaker extractors and chiptorque chip - cost him 1950 + 600 + 600 to do it all, and he has 199hp at the rears or 147rwkw.

mine is a 5 speed vs, so i should probably get a bit better than him when i do the same mods, but now i am thinking about moving the throttle body. seems pretty straight forward.

ill get some pics up for you all soon.

tim

Yep moving the TB is a must especially if you put a smaller pulley on. Its not soo hard once you understand the bracket you need to make, the throttle cables reach around the opp side of the engine and you need to extend the iac and sens wires. then jus weld a pipe where the TB used to go with a similar bracket to match the plennum.