Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Super charger kits for 3.8 v6's

T

Tradewind

Hey I was taken for a skid in Cent6's new intercooled setup today, man the amount of power is bordering on insane :D Huge skids up to 100kmh :D :D. A dude with a new 2.5 WRX was gonna chop us, but chop chop and he was done with :D :D

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
andyvys2 said:
my brother in law took off his supercharger vt (de-fect in sa) and i have bought a vy s series2 could i fit his super charger??
it should bolt up but the internial are different.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
L8N said:
it should bolt up but the internial are different.
you will need his heads too as the injectors are mounted there and not in the manifold.

Wesleyrpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Supra Turbo
hey all, came accross a eaton m90 reasonably cheap, anyone know of an intake manifold kit that allows the it to be bolted up to a series 1 vn v6?

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
PoweruP said:
I have the crs kit for my VS V6 and jus wanna add my bit, i originaly had it standard and while it got the wheels smokin it felt a bit flat midrange a lot of the time and also had loud bassy pulsing sound when crusing in low revs due to the supercharger interfering with the airflow sensor not that it bothered me much but jus sounded different. Since then i have had a smaller pulley put on it which now blows between 8-9psi constant, proven by dyno chart. But the whole setup needs to be changed, the biggest thing that needs changed is the throttle body position, it needs to be rellocated to the front side of the blower and lose the plastic shitty bov that was on it. The bov is nolonger needed as the throttle body will now limit how much air can be sucked into the engine and since the blower is constantly blowing boost the bov would melt... also this much improves the airflow readings as the air sensor is still in front of the throttle. You will also need to fabricate a new inlet pipe to the plennum and add a rising fuel pres reg. My car now produces 744.7 ft/lb of torque and 241 RWHP, 305 HP at the fly at 4500 rpm 110mph and all that is using the stock standard computer, the car does not run lean at all and actually has a very good mix the whole way thru. If i added bigger injectors and fuel pump i could get it chipped and tuned prob squeez out a whole lot more but i'd more than likely need head work done to cope.
The characteristics of acceleration are totally different now, befor the SC would feel very strong from putting ur foot down an inch on the peddle but not give much more when flooring it. Now it sounds and drives almost like a stok V8 when your jus crusing around cant really hear the SC but when you floor it BOOM boost hits 8psi straight away and the car accelerates HARDDDDDD and the whizz is loud! nuthin like what it did sound like. From stand still it will smoke the tires silly all way thru 1st and into 2nd (bear in mind i have an abused lazy 4 speed auto with 245 18ich chromies 8inch wide) your going about 70kmbefor it grips which is great if you luv to drift!!!!
reving it at idle it hits red line almost instantly without even fully flooring it none of this VRRRRRRMMMMMMMM-Redline.
I can show dyno charts to anybody who is interested, they show the befor and after pulley work and the fuel mixes, boost readings and Power.
The blower tends to rattle a bit on idle but apparently is normal when their overdriven as soon as theres load on it it goes away.

So thats my experience with the CRS S14 Kit For the V6 Ecotec, to anybody who says their underpowered for the 3.8, a constant 8-9 psi in the plennum from go with full throttle is 8-9psi in the plennum regardless what its come from??????? So i dont understand how people think their underpowered.
The Whole Kit and extra pulley and mods cost me about $2500, most other SC start at that price with out any kits or engine mods So to me its the only way worth going for the standard ecotec otherwise ur better of going out and buying a VZ Fctory Super Charged Engine for $5500 and slapping a smaller pulley on that instead??

Anyway hope that clears some stuff up, and hope u liked my novel. Next thing to do is change the ol auto for a tremac manual.

P.S. Anyone in QLD looking to get their SC overdriven Contact WIDOWMAKER RACE ENGINES In Caloundra they have much experience with these and offer a complete package and a great to deal with

My other mods are
Pacemaker extractors thru to a straight thru 3" Cat back exchaust
Cold Air Setup but using K&N Pod not air box
9mm Ignition Leads NGK Sparkies
Rebuilt Auto with stage 2 shift kit (but was done awhile ago)
Standard VS Ute LSD
Koni Adjustable Shocks With Super Super Low King Springs
Nolathane Front and Rear Strut Braces
Whiteline Panhard Rod
Nolathane rubbers all way round
18" Enkei Gzero Mags
Bendix Ultimate Pads
Brigestone rubbers
VX Clubsport Fabtech BodyKit
Group A Bonnet Lift

Stereo is a 1.2ghz Via Epia M21200 Mini ITX Mother Board with 40gig hdd 512mg ram running Media Engine 2.0 with sat nav, mp3, vid, psx, microtuning. all running off a 7" lilliput touch screen and Opus 90watt power sup.
2X Boss 400watt amps
1X Boss 500watt amp
Pioneer 250w Comp front speakers
12" Sony Sub
Panasonic 150w rear speakers

sounds goo i just bought a charger hopeing its the right one could i get pics of your setup of the charger eg brackets tb moved and mounts and can you tell me if this is the same as yours as the seller didnt know if its for vp or vs http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4619025001&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

vuboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu spack ute v6
crs charger kist where do i get them from that should go straight on a vu motor what will i need to buy with it or does that come with everything that i need for the moment ill chip it and upgrade the clutch later

T

Tradewind

Insane prices on there :D

Beaver what is your understanding of a 800hp turbo? Do you believe your VS will make 800hp with this turbo installed?