Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged and painted!

Rmyers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EA falcon
...awesome...my mistake :bow:

Nah I think it people will react more if they know it's an EA. Everyone does EBs and EDs, so this is a refreshing option. The slits on the C-pillar and lights make it look sweet..

Btw mate...was the interior a relatively straight fit? Or was there lots of welding and fabrication for all of it?

I prefer the EA garniish, taillights and c-pillar anyway :p

The interior wasn't a straight bolt in, the is a little work involved to fit it. THe seats need a new mounting point made up for the rear inner mount, and also you need to make some sought of bracket up to fit the handbrake on. What i did was little more extreme but it kills a few birds with one stone. There is a bracket welded to the floor on EF/EL that covers the whole transmission tunnel and provides the right mounting points for the handbrake, seats and centre console. I drill out the bracket on a wrecked EF, ground out the origional EA brackets and welded the whole lot in.

As for the dash, you need to modify the side brackets to hold the dash into place, and then there's the electrical side of things to get everything to work. Basically you need to find yourself a wrecked EL and transfer every single loom over, which also requires a few holes cut here and there to run them through the car. The origional rear body loom can be spliced in, but everything else needs to change including ECU, engine loom, front body loom etc.

Door trims also need a little work to fit, new points need to be made for the inner grab handles to bolt in, and you also need to modify the existing door handle rod to work with the new handles. Rear seats are a straight swap, but because this is an LWB NL interior, i hadto get a pair of SWB side bolsters and get them recovered in matching leather.

There's a fair few things i'm sure i've forgotten about, Fair bit of work, but well worth it in the end...

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
looks tough, do you have much restriction in the air flow to the cooler? cause the front seams to block alot of it off. But i guess there isnt too much you can do about it.

Other than that it looks sweet, love how the colou and interior go together

Rmyers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EA falcon
looks tough, do you have much restriction in the air flow to the cooler? cause the front seams to block alot of it off. But i guess there isnt too much you can do about it.

I was thinking about making an narrow air duct were the number plate is, but i think it should have enough airflow as is. The bottom lip on the front bar is angled in a way that it will scoop up air into the cooler. The cooler isn;t as vital on my particular blower as it is on others, it is internally belt driven rather than gear driven, meaning that the air charge is relatively cool to begin with...

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
If its that old why did you come in to read what was said, then post an unnecessary comment?

becuase brainiac when it comes up in New POsts you dont know how old the thread is. I posted a comment because thread digging is super uber lame.