Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged Intercooled Monaro (p plater restricted :) ) looking into twin charged

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
Name: Johnny

I worked my ass off to pay for this car to modify it and keep it running, I treat it like a girlfriend, actually I’m pretty sure it’s the reason why I don’t have a girlfriend haha.

Unfortunately she is off the road due to a blown gasget, but that just means we are coming back stronger haha

Make: Holden
Model: Monaro Cv6
Engine: l67 factory supercharged v6, came with a standard of 171kw at the fly
Trans: standard now, but Jim Walton Transmissions is building something strong for me :p
Diff: l.s.d 3.08 soon to be 3.7
Modifications: mace cold air intake, mace pulley upgrade, mace intermediate cooler, oil catch can
Cost: actually surprisingly low.
Build Period: 6 months
Power: 193.4rwkw and roughly 10,000N of torque (have no idea what that is converted to) but it is a fair bit (standard exhaust, will have 200rwkw covered now)
1.9s 60ft times
To put this into perspective we only managed to pull 13degrees out of the timing, intercooler properly on should see it at about 18degrees, so this should see some big bloody gains

Stereo- don’t care about stereo for now, but does have a touch screen jvc dvd player, which is an awesome unit.

Realistic Goals: break into 11’s and 240+rwkw, not to let the power get to me and put it into a tree

Future layout:
1-3 months- everything ported and put the new Trans in.
3-6 months- cam and tune touch up.
6-12, fresh forged l67 and start the turbo/supercharger set up… from what I understand it is going to be a head f**k and definitely not worth the gains…. But pretty cool haha whine and dose :p

The biggest surprise is the power this car made on only 11psi and the intercooler off. Absolutely no porting of charger, intake manifold, ubend or heads. I don’t think I’ve herd of anyone achieving these numbers with 11psi.

All I can say is watch this space, because the Monaro is truly going to be something special.

The Monaro has come a long way since I purchased it. Not so much in looks, but the performance difference is absolutely amazing.

Special thanks to Steve down at mace engineering for providing me with the goods to make this car into the beast it is today. When people ask me what and who to buy from I point them straight in Steve’s direction, and believe me I am not receiving any kind of payment for saying this, it is just so good to see a young engine developer sticking it to the big guys and coming out with better products and results.

Thanks to Tim at electronic automotive for getting her running right. I would not consider any other performance tuner after dealing with Tim.

Pictures:
7431_134859934406_550444406_2344976.jpg

P1012730.jpg

P1012732.jpg

P1012733.jpg

PA130161.jpg

PA130162.jpg

Last edited:

VZMAX

I THE GREAT
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz svz
Mate awesome ride you have there....Love the Monaro and want it so much more every time I see one:love:...good luck and drive safe...don't get the power go over you...10/10 to the car...:thumbsup:

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
very nice car you have there good luck with the future mods

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers boys, she is a beauty.

BJ31OS

Supercharged VT
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Series 2 VT
Very nice mate

did you say your have run a 11psi pulley untuned and unintercooled on the car if you did how did it go as im looking at getting a new pulley within the next few weeks

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
Exhaust, air intake and I believe you will be fine. May need spark plug lead upgrade, but doubt it

Jamesmaier

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Executive
That is an awesome car mate, LOVE IT!!! better than any girlfriend ive ever had haha

LAZY SIX

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s1 calais sc6
very tidy dude what times have you run?

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers boys, i have only managed a 14.4 due to the trans, but once i get that sorted i believe there is a 13.3 to 13.5 there.