Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged Money Pit

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt commodore
Thought I'd chuck in a few pics of my Supercharged V6 '97 VT
Got mock clubby Kit, 17" Shadow chrome HSV Rims, xtractors, blue neons. 'bout it. Keeps breakin on me, so all my play money goes on keepin on the road.
One day...............................One day

Attachments

• photos-from-old-puter-755.jpg
    photos-from-old-puter-755.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 146
  • photos-from-old-puter-1754.jpg
    photos-from-old-puter-1754.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 152
  • photos-from-old-puter-1222.jpg
    photos-from-old-puter-1222.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 148

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Dont give up on the money pit it's looking good, that kit looks nice. surely not much more will go wrong with it. A least you can see where your $ have gone, its a nice car and when all sorted i think you might be happy so all the best with the beast. Where are your neons mounted in the car? outside? cheers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Guys, Thanks for the encouragement! The main problems I've had have been in the cooling, but it's done over 200k so I 'spose it's all pretty standard. No engine mods as yet, got a set roller rockers waitin to go in, thats bout it so far. Its a '97 series 1 charg'd. Blue Neons are fitted underneath on chassis and little white strobe under bonnet. I'll get around to takin some night time pics soon and I'll post em up.
Evo

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Yeah cooling system parts (water pumps, hoses, gaskets, etc ) are replacable items that ever car needs occasionally....got to expect that at 200,000 unless the previous owner had them looked at.... It also depends if the car has been getting proper maintenance with regular cooloant changes as coolant goes off and becomes acidic after a few years which then starts eating away at the engine.

Anyhow your VT looks trick ! :thumbsup:

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I'd say it had a pretty hard time before I got to it. The blower was cactus when I got it, (found that out after I got it home!!). Apart from the odd thrash now and then, she gets treated pretty well now.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
thats a clean as vt man, looks nice... cept those rims. dunno why but i cant stand em, too me they look cheap or something, ands thats in general. just dont like em.

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
thats a clean as vt man, looks nice... cept those rims. dunno why but i cant stand em, too me they look cheap or something, ands thats in general. just dont like em.

those rims are actually VT Clubsport wheels. They are some sort of grey, whereas most you see are silver(?)...

the bodykit looks good - even though its aftermarket. the amount of dogy body kit installs you see these days makes me sick...