Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharged vt

JakeHSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT V6 S/C
just wondering if u can put a manual gearbox in a auto s/c vt i heard the block is different

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
fyi a 5 speed getrag wouldnt handle the torque of the l67... hence why none came standard

so chuck in a 6 speed:)

my bad if you already knew this.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
just wondering if u can put a manual gearbox in a auto s/c vt i heard the block is different

block is identical,its the crank that is different as you need to drill dowel holes.

6 speed box is a bit of hassle and pricey to put in but alot of people run the 5ltr 5 speed boxes

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
i have heard of a fair few people putting 5 speeds behind the l67's. from what i have been told is that you have to get a special flywheel to put in them that bolts up to the original flex plate. but other than that it should bolt up fine

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
5 speed getrag box will bolt up fine. Blocks are identical. As mentioned (and as is the case with any auto to manual conversion) the auto crank does not have the two flywheel locating dowels like that of a factory manual crank that vs series 2 onwards had standard. The crank can easily be drilled to add these 2 dowels, though many who do the conversion dont worry. Personally though i'd add them just for that little extra security.
The problem with a getrag box behind an L67 is not a weakness of the box itself to handle the torque, but the clutch. If you give it a hard time or slightly work the L67, the dual mass flywheel wont last all too long. The remedy here is to convert the flywheel to a single solid mass billet flywheel like that of the earlier T5's. Many clutch companies make the conversion flywheel. Im running the exedy version in mine.
Jump onto www.l67torque.com • Index page as its been covered here many times before.
Cheers