Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged VY Mods?

VY03Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Hey guys recently bouht a VY Calais Supercharged. Just wondering what are some mods i can do to give my car a bit more performance especially done low, without spending to much cash?? Bigger airintake, exhaust.. along those lines. would love the help!

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
You don't need to touch the exhaust until you have done quite a few mods. Mods should go in this order in my experience: 87mm pulley (either press on from ZZP/ Yella Terra or Mace or a Yella Terra modular snout), High flow air filter and air box mods to allow better cool air entry, High ratio rockers.

If your budget allows some higher ratio diff gear like 3.46:1 or even 3.73:1 depending on how many higway kms you do will help off the line performance a shitload and make the car generally more responsive.

As soon as you do any mods to these things a new fuel filter and a steady diet of 98octane fuel are a must. the ECU will self adjust for the mods to these levels so a tune is un warranted. The next step would be a cooler/ cam n tune but that's way beyond the scope of your original question.

VY03Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
You don't need to touch the exhaust until you have done quite a few mods. Mods should go in this order in my experience: 87mm pulley (either press on from ZZP/ Yella Terra or Mace or a Yella Terra modular snout), High flow air filter and air box mods to allow better cool air entry, High ratio rockers.

If your budget allows some higher ratio diff gear like 3.46:1 or even 3.73:1 depending on how many higway kms you do will help off the line performance a shitload and make the car generally more responsive.

As soon as you do any mods to these things a new fuel filter and a steady diet of 98octane fuel are a must. the ECU will self adjust for the mods to these levels so a tune is un warranted. The next step would be a cooler/ cam n tune but that's way beyond the scope of your original question.

Thanks, that was great. Has your car got any of these mods. Im most interested in the Smaller pulley and the yella terra snout, and an improved air box. and where they can be purchased and price

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I'm onto my 2nd L67 now and have sort of gone all out on this one.

My last car (VX S pak) had an 87mm pulley, YT cold air intake upgrade, YT 1.9/ 1.95 roller rockers, full Difilippo exhaust, 3.46:1 diff gears and a shift kit and it was awesome as a daily driver. Only made about 150rwkw but was tough off the line and ran consistent 14.4sec 1/4 mile. Not fast but got to 130km/h really fast and then petered pff steadily.

I go for YT mostly but there is alot of good info that helps DIY with these cars now, especially with cold air intakes as the stock set up is already quite good and just need a little help.

l67torque.com has good info

VY03Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
That sounds awesome! Thanks for the help again ill definietly check that out

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
also throw in a set of higher ration rr.
easy and effective :)