Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger for a VT v6 - quick question

alshemary

drive it like u stole it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
300ZX Twin Turbo/VZ SS/VY Calais
Hi, theres a guy i know whos selling his supercharger for his VT v6 and im interested .. i am new to all this so im not sure what i should be looking for..

hes asking 500 bux for it.. what questions should i be asking?? how much does it cost for me to fit it in my vt v6?? also if anyone knows of a mechanical fitter in perth somewhere thatd b handy..

thanks in advance

Fr3ak+--

Closed On Monday
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Exec 5 Speed
Is it a factory supercharger or aftermarket?
Does it come with a loom?
Does it come with injectors?
How many k's has it done?

That should get u started

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
You will need alot more than just the super charger. The only way to go is to buy a complete supercharged V6 engine and ecu and drop it in. There's alot more to these engines than meets the eye.

i say forget about buying the M90 on its own. Bit pricey anyways

alshemary

Reaction score
Members Ride
tru that.. i was thinking ud need to forge the pistons and do other mods like that to allow greater combustion at a greater rate... mmm how much would a super charged engine that had such mods and a properly tuned ECU cost you reckon??

Currently, my vt does 0-100 in just under 10 seconds, how much difference will there be once i have a decent supercharged engine? also my car gives me about 550-600ks per tank, what will the consumption be running the supercharged one?

ps. i got a question? wheres the ECU found? in the engine itself? also how much boost would i get by tuning it? and how much does that cost..

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I can't answer the first few questions but the ECU is found behind the passenger's side kick panel.

alshemary

Reaction score
Members Ride
lmao wheres that?? :S like behind the glovebox?? or the side of center console?? :S

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
lmao wheres that?? :S like behind the glovebox?? or the side of center console?? :S

The panel to the left of where the feet of the passenger would be (hence the name kick panel)