Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharger problems

vuboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu spack ute v6
does a standard vt superchger go straight on a vu-vx motor non charged or do u hvae to change heaps like computer and stuff like that where and i get profesional help or if u know plz let me know

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeah, it wont just bolt up and perform.
you'd need s/c manifold....s/c injectors and fuel rails...a dyno tune to get it running right...there's alot involved.
for help check out FIT...they've even got their own section on this forum, so you can get all the details and info you need.

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
It can be done but has not been very successful.

Reasons being the n/a ecotec engine has a 9.5 :1 compression ratio and slightly longer con rods. (The piston tops are thinner and weaker than the s/c V6's)

The S/C V6 has a 8.5:1 CR ,shorter con rods which are a little heavier around the big end of the rod. The piston tops are thicker to deal with the added heat.

The heads are different as the n/a v6 has the injectors in the inlet manifold. The s/c v6 has its injectors in the heads.

The engine balance shaft is different. The cam shaft gear is different.
The lower Inlet manifold is different.

The wiring harness is different but can be gotten around by a good tuner, or you would just have to use a s/c v6 one.
The PCM/ECU is different to the n/a v6 one.

The fuel pump is different. The injectors are different. The harmonic balancer is different. There are extra idle pulleys. The coils are different. The coil support bracket is different.

The automatic flex plate is different (balancing) as well as I believe the torque convertor.

So you can see there are a few differences.

A set of super charged heads and a LIM plus blower (M90) have been fitted to a N/A bottom end before, and the original wiring harness retained but repinned to a s/c PCM. Although only running very low boost 6 psi.
Never seemed to have lasted too longer before the pistons chip a piece off and bye bye engine.

muvro

TUFF 6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1 L67 A4
As above. It can be done if keeping low boost as said.

Torque converter is different, ecotec is 1800 stall and super 6 is 2600. Also I believe the physical dimensions are different too, but not sure about that.

The ecotec bottom end will take a bit mroe than standard boost if tuned correctly! "Tuned correctly" being the operative!

If it isn't then as Deek said, bye bye.. lol

If you are keen for a conversion though I have a few things I need to get rid of. They are in the forsale section.

If you want good advise, give either Blue chip or Yella Terra a call. YT may just have the solution you require....