Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger Upgrade vs Create LSA

OSH1360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
ok, so i have a series 2 ssv redline in auto, and lets just say i have a budget of 15k for upgrates.

have a few options:
- LSA create engine, use my bolt ons, get some extractors and HF cats a mate it up to my standard exhaust and a ECU remap
- Tekno Perfomance stage 3 upgrade (harrop FIDI1900 charger), and seeing if they can mate up the xforce extractors and cats to my standard exhaust
- Walkingshaw WP2300 supercharger package (its a bigger supercharger, but doesn't come with an exhaust)

really, at the end of the day the exercise is to fit a supercharger, not for high HP gains.

what are peoples thoughts? suggestions?

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
LSA isn't going to fit nicely in that engine bay without some work done due to the geometry of the engine. There's a write up out there of what was required to shoe horn it into the Gen F GTS.
I'd go the Magnuson Heartbeat if I had your coin to spend. Do it right, do it proper.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Magnusson Heartbeat FTW!

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
LSA isn't going to fit nicely in that engine bay without some work done due to the geometry of the engine. There's a write up out there of what was required to shoe horn it into the Gen F GTS.
I'd go the Magnuson Heartbeat if I had your coin to spend. Do it right, do it proper.

Do you have a link to the writeup? Thank you.

SnowDoggyDogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Besides its supercharged LSA 6.2 litre V8, the GTS has different subframe mountings, different transmissions, a rear subframe borrowed the Camaro ZL1#(which is also the source of the engine) and a brake package that’s exclusive to the GTS.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/57030/2013-hsv-gts-gen-f-reviewed-track-test

Last edited:

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I'd be fitting either a heartbeat or harrops revised set up. Both are a simple process. Fitting an LSA may turn out to be rather costly and a bit of a pain.

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
My ls3 vf2 got the Harrop 1900 supercharger pack from Tekno.
500kw daily drive.
The 2300 Harrop doesn't come with driveline warranty, and the LSA won't fit without major changes.
LSA GTS only pump 430 anyway.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
I wound stick with the baby blower as your car is auto. Tune for a nice 350 -380 rwkw. The gearbox will thank you

If it was manual I would go the 2300 and smash the boost in

SnowDoggyDogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
The GTS hits a similar power figure as yours with a stage 1 tune from most shops. It's like for like except for all of the other engineering upgrades to the driveline, suspension, brakes, wheels, etc.
My ls3 vf2 got the Harrop 1900 supercharger pack from Tekno.
500kw daily drive.
The 2300 Harrop doesn't come with driveline warranty, and the LSA won't fit without major changes.
LSA GTS only pump 430 anyway.