Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharging the VZ 6

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Hey guys, my experience with S/C is limited to none at best. I've just read that CAPA have produced a kit for the VZ which is around the $4000 mark. I was under the impression that S/Cing an engine was just a bolt on modification. I guess I was wrong. Surely one charger can't be worth $4000 ???? What else is needed when you start forcing induction ????

Cheers,
Kilmo

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
yeah, it would cost that much, but you do get a complete kit, ready to bolt on. their kits are well developed and you get what you pay for. forced induction is a good way to make decent power without really opening the engine much.

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
yeah, but what I kinda mean is, well currently I have a CAI from SS Inductions....can I still use that or would I need something else ?? I'm not looking to cheapy out of it, just wondering whether I can still use the gear I've got.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
give capa a ring or email them with your query.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i dont think you will be able to use the over-the-radiator intake without some hassle. the intake for the blower is usually some no-crush flexi tube that bends around between the blower and the pass. inner guard with a pod filter mounted in behind the bumper. but give them a ring anyway...

steane

Reaction score
Website
www.carupdate.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Maloo 6spd
The CAPA kit, which they say will be priced in the high $4000 range seems to be a bit of a bargain to me. You can pay more than that for one turbo-charger. You get the supercharger, plumbing and obviously a re-map or tune of the ecu and gain over 100kw.
All from something that is quiet, looks stock under the bonnet and runs low boost so should be reliable. Provided they have the tuning right I expect it will turn the Alloytec into a very impressive bit of kit.
I'll be signing up for one in the not too distant future.

kpop

Reaction score
just an update on this, how many members here have actually supercharged their alloytec engines ?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
just an update on this, how many members here have actually supercharged their alloytec engines ?

not many i think, havnt heard of much about it,

4 g is a good price, supercharger + mounting gear + belt + extra pipes + Tune + numerous other bits and pieces, and the labour to do all the above, like fitting, remounting, tuning etc

if i had money just lying around i would go for it

kpop

Reaction score
well, i might be interested in supercharging my vz calais 190 alloytec, but i noticed that CAPA are based in SA, wheras im in VIC. Are there any good workshops in melbourne to do the job

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
contact capa. they will know. They are based in Berri riverland.