Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharging

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Ok, Ive tried posting in the Raptor Forum but with no reply im comming here.

Im looking at Supercharging my VR down the track, after i get the usual mods done such as CAI, Exhuast, Extractors and whatever else i come across.

Im just looking for some advice from anyone who has experience with superchargers or anyone who can give me a bit of advice on how to go about it.

Some of the questions i have are:

What PSI could i safely run on a 230,000 k engine?

What brands do you recommend/where do i look for a reliable S/C?

How much will it all cost?

Plus any other advice you can offer me.

mr.rb30et

Mr.VL rb30ET
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Executive VL Turbo
i Woodnt...

Hey Clair... if you are going to put a supercharger on a vehicle with such high K'z... you better of doing a basic rebuild before hand, that way you'll atleast kno everything is sweet inside... you cant guarentee if thats been 200 000+ k's of hell from another p plater or older hoon, and 200 000+ k'z of an old man driving it that gets it servised every 5000 k'z... better of doing the rebuild then applying a supercharger and 5 months down the track u smash ur heads or something to pieces... works out better for u in the end :) cheers Mr.RB30ET!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I was looking at this page last night:

http://www.capa.com.au/kits_holden_vnvy_v6.htm

Particularily at the Stage 1 SC, 7 PSI. I havent had any problems with my engine at all no leaks etc. Its probally overdue for a service at this point but yeah. When i get a job and start modding, the first grand or two will be definalty getting the cars little niggly problems looked at.

How much are we looking at for a "basic" rebuild?

PS. My name isnt Claire, thats the cars name :p