Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercheap Holden car cover

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
It looks to be the same material as supercheap indoor covers. I've got one on my HQ and rate it pretty well for what is a cheap cover. Has what feels like a microfiber lining, appears to be 90+% dustproof and fits/clings nicely.
Yes, if it has a microfibre lining it should be ok...again, I’m not expecting it to be totally dustproof but could be useful for use in the shed. Probably worth me checking out first hand.
Cheers!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
In the next day or so I will put pictures up of my OLD VR COMMODORE with good paint but all of sudden I have noticed damaged Done on the Paint.
See in the last 24 months I had a Cheap Supercheap car cover and it damaged the paint, it looks it was abrasive on same areas on the bonnet roof and the boot so I hand buffed 95% away (took 6 or more Hrs to do) so what I did I bought a Expensive AUTOTECNICA and another cheap Supercheap cover to go over the AUTOTECNICA so it AUTOTECNICA will last longer because its expensive $$$$$ but what I have noticed I have similar issue as I think the paint is getting blistered on or that area is VERY DULL on the boot, roof and the bonnet. Will have pic soon

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I've been using the Autotecnica Storm Guard on mine and I rate it. Never had any issues, did what it was supposed to and that's on wrap, which is a bit more susceptible to hanky panky. It was a super snug fit which I think is half the battle

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've been using the Autotecnica Storm Guard on mine and I rate it. Never had any issues, did what it was supposed to and that's on wrap, which is a bit more susceptible to hanky panky. It was a super snug fit which I think is half the battle
Yes I have the same (Autotecnica Storm Guard) and it fits the VR Commodore like a tight panties on a woman. I put the Cheap Supercheap Cover over the top of the Autotecnica Storm Guard so it protected as I have been told to do this as you get 5 times more life from the Autotecnica. Tell me have you had any issues with your Autotecnica Storm Guard and your paint on your car. How long have you used it, For me its 4 months for the both covers The Cheap Supercheap and Autotecnica as the Old Supercheap one fell apart after 14 months.
I wonder by having both covers on is causing the issue, "eg Blocking the Vents on the side and two up the top.

Last edited:

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yes I have the same (Autotecnica Storm Guard) and it fits the VR Commodore like a tight panties on a woman. I put the Cheap Supercheap Cover over the top of the Autotecnica Storm Guard so it protected as I have been told to do this as you get 5 times more life from the Autotecnica. Tell me have you had any issues with your Autotecnica Storm Guard and your paint on your car. How long have you used it, For me its 4 months for the both covers The Cheap Supercheap and Autotecnica as the Old Supercheap one fell apart after 14 months.
I wonder by having both covers on is causing the issue, "eg Blocking the Vents on the side and two up the top.

Mines still going strong after 6 months total use. Gave it a clean, dried it and put it away for next time. I don't have paint, I have wrap, which is pretty delicate but the microfibre inlay didn't cause any issues, it was too snug to rub

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
The other thing that I have forgotten to tell you that I wash and chamois dry the car (each time I use the car) before I fit the Autotecnica Storm Guard on.
So you dont use it 24 X 7 days unlimited on. I drive the VR Commodore car once a Fortnight and later on I fit the cove on again,.

Last edited: