Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Superlow springs + Monroe shocks

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Hi guys, last week I bought a set of munroe gt shocks and a set of super low king springs which I think I got a good deal on :) to suit my s pack.

I know these will drop the car 50mm or slightly more..

Just wondering if anyone has any pics of their vy with this combo? Just want an idea of how itll look.

Also, to those that have this combo or similar... How does the car go scraping/scrudging wise?

Al

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
This is super lows with 20's on a VT. Doesn't scrub but ride is fairly firm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 1,511

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
I've got kings super lows and kyb shortened shocks... running 19's with 245/35/19 tyres
i had a lot of scrubbing on the rear but i rolled the guards myself and it was problem solved... have a look at my car if you want to see what it looks like with superlows

tothezenith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS 5.7L M6
I got the same off of ebay - King SL's, Monroe GT + rear camber kit for $900 delivered.
I posted a couple pics here with before and afters. Been meaning to load some more pics, think I might go for a little drive after the doco I'm watching.

I get a little fender scrubbing on the front passenger, but that's on full right lock only.
After a few weeks the springs settled about 0.5cm lower on the front and about 1cm on the rears from when they were originally installed.
They are definitely firmer and you do need to pay more attention to the contours of the road so things aren't too jarring.
On the plus side, handling is immensely better, like most corners I can hit 10-25km faster than the original suspension on the same crappy nangkang tyres.

Last edited:

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
I got the same off of ebay - King SL's, Monroe GT + rear camber kit for $900 delivered.
I posted a couple pics here with before and afters. Been meaning to load some more pics, think I might go for a little drive after the doco I'm watching.

I get a little fender scrubbing on the front passenger, but that's on full right lock only.
After a few weeks the springs settled about 0.5cm lower on the front and about 1cm on the rears from when they were originally installed.
They are definitely firmer and you do need to pay more attention to the contours of the road so things aren't too jarring.
On the plus side, handling is immensely better, like most corners I can hit 10-25km faster than the original suspension on the same crappy nangkang tyres.

its a pretty good kit for what you pay i scrap a little when i had stocks on but put 17" on the car is feel so much better driving wise and not to bouncy