Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Superpro Camber Correction Kit Installation.

Zak Karran

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Sedan
I brought a camber correction kit a while back and haven't had the chance to put it in, I had a crack at it yesterday afternoon and it seems to be abit more difficult then I first imagined, how do you actually get the arms to lower once the bolts are out? I pulled the right hand side outside bolt out but it wouldn't fully come out because it was pushing up against the chassis, to me it seems like I have to lower the entire diff just to get to the outside bushes? any ideas or intructions if somebody has done it before? thanks.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Is your handbrake off?

Zak Karran

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Sedan
yes its off, and I couldn't actually pull the first bolt right out of the bush which makes me think I have to a lot more work

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Cut the outer bolt off with a grinder. The kit uses 2 shorter bolts that replace the one long one.

Zak Karran

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Sedan
that's what I was thinking, once the inside and outside bolts and shockie has being removed will the whole side fall down? what about the cv joint will it #### it somehow? thanks.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Probably best to either undo one end of the CV or just remove the shaft. Will make life easier.
You will probably have to remove the brake caliper and tie it up out of the way being careful not to stretch the brake hose when you lower the arm. Remove the rotor aswell. Less weight you will have to lift.

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VR HSV 5L, Holden Torana LC
I used a trolley jack to help me lift the brake assembly.....plus I used my muscles when needed. I did it in 40 degree weather at the start of the year. That was fun.

It took me a long time to do it. Especially cutting off the old rubbers out. Then the next hurdle is lining up the holes for the bolts. Only way I would do this job again if I had a hoist but hey that's the way it goes.

Just remember in the end, it's definitely worth doing as you'll have your rear tyres sitting proper on the ground and not on a slant which saves you tread for longer.

Also how have you jacked up the vehicle? You should have jack stands on the side of the body of vehicle (as in under chassis or sill panel) So the diff drops hanging.

Zak Karran

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Sedan
its jacked up pretty high, probably a foot and a half maybe? cheers for the info guys helps a lot :)

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
I never understood why everyone has trouble with getting the old bushes out. get a 10mm or thereabouts drillbit and drill all around the bush then gat a small hacksaw trim alittle and hammer it out.
after the arms are dropped I can get all four bushes out in under 20 minutes easy

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Hacksaw? Grinder ftw. Smells like burnouts too. :)