Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Surge tank presurising

#Brock

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammmed Slammed Blown VT SS 3:9 Shift Kitted
Hey mate, I replied to your question on my profile page.

I drilled & braised a brass hose barb to the fuel sender assembly flange on the main fuel tank, put another fitting in the top of the surge tank (For the return) and ran it to the barb.
THANKS FOR YOUR FEEDBACK IBLOWN I THOUGHT YOU ALREADY HAD A RETURNED FROM THE SURGE TANK TO MAIN TANK AND GOT PAST THE PRESSURE ISSUE BY RETURNING FROM RAILS TO MAINTAIN I'LL HAVE TO READ YOUR POST AGAIN....

#Brock

Reaction score
Members Ride
YUP JUST READ YOUR POST AGAIN AND IT SEEMS YOU DID JUST THAT. RETURN FROM RAILS BACK TO MAIN TANK NOT SERG THAT WOULD DEFINITELY FIX MY PROBLEM HOWEVER MY FUEL PUMP IN THE VT IS PLASTIC NOT METAL LIKE THE VS IF ONLY I COULD USE THE MIDDLE BARB ON MY LIFT PUMP I WOULDN'T NEED TO PUT AN EXTRA FITTING IN THE MAIN TANK. ILL FIND OUT IF I CAN USE THE MIDDLE BARB ON MY LIFT PUMP AS RETURN FROM RAILS FIRST BUT I'M THINKING ITS A BREATHER OF SOME SORT
IMG_20170325_163012_edit_1490423435251_zpspqp54el1.jpg

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
a tee peice to retrun to the main tank and surge tank . drill and tap a fitting to the top of the factory module .
from memory the middle barb is for evap canister taking this out could casue the tank to pressrize and not breath as fuel is pumped out , the surge tank must be kept full of fuel to avoid the pump running dry .

#Brock

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tnx for the feed back everyone going to see if I can get a return fitting put in top of module as you all suggest have to make some calls as it's plastic not a big job really for the right person.
Is there any fittings that Areo flow sell that would seal up